PDA

View Full Version : ah geez!! what a surprise

super stooge
11/10/2007, 10:50 PM
hi, so i saw this awesome little 6 line wrasse the other day at the lfs and i decided that i should get him. i asked my brother and dad to go down there and pick it up for me but was in for a surprise.

"ok heres ur wrasse"
"awesome, thanks"
"... annnnnndd... ta da!'

a harlequin tusk fish:eek2:
my brother used to have a big one so their both big fans of it and apparently the guy at the lfs said itll be fine in my tank since its so young, hes a firm believer that raising them in a peacful tank will be fine.

so the wrasse and the harlequin are both in my QT tank doing fine. the harlequin seems to show no agression towards the wrasse even tho it is smaller than it. they were both kept in teh same tank at the lfs so they could just be used to each other. i saw it at the lfs when i was there and it didnt seem to show any agression towards other fish.

in my display tank i have 2 small ocellaris clownfish and and 2 small regal tangs ( i know my tank is to small, but they will be moved to a larger tank in the near future)

the harlequin is about 2 1/2 inches as are the tangs and the clowns are both about 1 1/2 - 2 inches

do u think there will be any problems in the near future with my current fish and will this stop me from getting the 2 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp that i admire so much?

my brother is currently setting up an agressive FOWLR tank so when the harlequin grows up he can be moved to there.

USC-fan
11/10/2007, 11:25 PM
this is in your 38gal tank? i really hope its not.....

super stooge
11/10/2007, 11:29 PM
yup :( the harlequin is still in qt tho and not in my actual tank

USC-fan
11/10/2007, 11:33 PM
I would start off by removing the tangs. The tank is really too small. I sure you already know this.

the harlequin needs a tank twice your size.

If you really want to keep these fish i would start setting up the bigger tank.

super stooge
11/10/2007, 11:37 PM
a larger tank is already in the works for them.

at the moment with this thread im more concerned about the harlequins agression

super stooge
11/11/2007, 06:01 AM
bump