PDA

View Full Version : Tail Spot Blenny Question--Emergency!

nterry
11/12/2007, 09:46 PM
Hi,

I just found saw the neatest fish at the LFS (MAC certified even), it was a tail-spot blenny. Well, I resisted the urge and decided to do a bit of research before I buy. I have been doing some research and as usual have found contradictory information. So I am wondering, does anyone here have experience with this fish? Specifically, I want to know if it be a good neighbor to my existing firefish (1 purple, 1 red), 3 bar gobies and 3 clown gobies (I have a 120).

I am also planning on adding one or more of the following in the future: shrimp gobies, jawfish, carpenter wrasse, neon goby.

Would the tail spot blenny bother either the current inhabitants or any of the future inhabitants.

Also, I have heard these fish are relatively easy to feed herbivores, but experience with this might be helpful.

I hope to get this fish on the way home from work tomorrow, so any help that you can provide would be most appreciated...

Chelsey
11/12/2007, 09:54 PM
I believe that there are several threads in the reef fish forum, though they may be a little older. My tailspot never bothered anyone or anything and was a model citizen. Mine liked frozen better than flake but would eat both.

zotzer
11/12/2007, 09:57 PM
The tailspot is a wonderful little fish. He'll actually hover in the water column unlike a lot of blennies.

Mine actually snuggles with my black clown goby. Yep, they lay next to/on top of each other. It's like nothing I've seen before with fish.

Anyway, they are very peaceful, happy little fish....and cute too! I don't think you'll have any trouble with the fish you list.

Those are all some tiny fish for a 120 though. Do you ever see them?

Tracy

Snowboarda42
11/12/2007, 11:08 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11171152#post11171152 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by zotzer

Mine actually snuggles with my black clown goby. Yep, they lay next to/on top of each other. It's like nothing I've seen before with fish.

I have to see this. Got a picture?

nterry
11/13/2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks--I made the purchase today...

In answer to your question zotzer, yes I do see most of the fish pretty regularly. The bar gobies are often out and the firefish are out a fair amount of time. A few years ago I had a firefish that loved to hang out in a little canyon surfing against the current. i could see him from all the way down the hallway. the yellow clown goby is so bright that he's easy to spot and I regularly see the black glown goby. I have a green clown goby that hides most of the time.

With small fish in a big tank, I can have a lot more of them to see, so it tends to work out. Plus, my favorite place to reed is a recliner sitting right in front of the tank.