PDA

View Full Version : Quick attack

iwishtofish
11/13/2007, 09:58 AM
I just noticed a bunch of baby flatworms (pinhead-sized) on my glass. They are mostly clear or white, but I see some color in them, so I am going to assume they are planaria and not the benign clear ones.

I plan to get some flatworm exit very quickly, and nuke them while they are still tiny and new to the tank. I don't think I could effectively siphon due to the large amount of live rock I have.

I have a small assortment of small SPS frags, xenia, some zoanthids, snails, hermits, a flame angel (suddenly showing signs of ich - go figure!) and 2 mated coral banded shrimp.

It is the shrimp I am worried about. I could never catch them, due to the characteristics of my live rock. Will the flatworm exit kill them? Is it a good strategy to dose F/E while the flatworms are babies?

And does anyone know the cheapest place to get F/E mailed overnight (or 2-day), or if Petco or PetSmart carries it?

Ritten
11/13/2007, 10:32 AM
I had flatworms so bad that I doubled the dose of flatworm exit. The only thing I lost was abrittle starfish. I had a pair of cleaner shrimp at the time and they were just fine. I didn't price shop because at the time, I just needed the flatworm exit fast. I do know that neither Petco or Petsmart here in Minnesota carries flatworm exit. I would worry most about your flame angesl because he'll get more stressed by you working in the tank while doing the flatworm exit. Good luck to you.