PDA

View Full Version : showing ich during hypo? Is this possible??

cmejaf30
11/13/2007, 02:30 PM
Ok I am having a couple questions regarding a hypo treatment that I am doing on a flame and a true perc. They were both introduced to ich and were showing signs when I started they hypo treatment. Treatment started about 3 weeks ago and I had salinity down to about 1.013. I found out that this isn’t low enough to kill the protozoan (both from members of RC and the evidence on the flame). I did more reading and dropped the salinity down to 1.009. It has been there since Friday night. However, both yesterday morning and this morning I woke up to find small outbreaks on the flame (the clown was ich-free). I’m wondering if this is normal/possible to have outbreaks even with the salinity that low? Is this outbreak just part of one that started during higher salinity and it’s just taking a couple days to “show itself?” I do also have a blue devil damsel in there and he isn’t showing either. Just the flame. He “sleeps” in the same spot every night so I’m wondering if there is a high concentration of ich that is in the substrate there. Any suggestions please let me know. If anyone has had this happen during hypo please let me know. I want to know if there’s something else I should be doing or if it’s normal to have a few outbreaks during the hypo treatment. Thanks all!

BTW all water params are normal and within range.