PDA

View Full Version : Any help with bubbles?

Scuba_ty
11/13/2007, 04:04 PM
OK, so i just set up a 55 gallon tank and have a couple of fish/plants in it to get things started. The problem I am having is with the 'bubble wall' my girlfriend wants. We got the Bubble Wall type (looks like a cardboard tube) and two pumps (a 60 and a 100 little blue pumps). I have one of the outputs on the 60 going to a 'treasure chest' and the other three linked together to go to the bubble wall tube. I have 2 x 23" tubes linked together at the back of the tank. The problem I am having is that I am not getting bubbles through the entire length of the tube, there are bubbles for the first 6" and then about 2/3s of the way down there are a few, and that is it.

Any advice?

Andrew
11/13/2007, 04:06 PM
[welcome]

I hope your talking about your freshwater tank right? :lol: Sounds like the airpumps are strong enough or the bubble tube is messed up but i have never owned one so just a guess. :D

Scuba_ty
11/13/2007, 04:15 PM
yes, it is in my fresh water tank... I know it is a dirty work around here, but I figured this would be the place to get help...

joeychitwood
11/13/2007, 04:16 PM
If yours is a salt water tank, I'd advise against a bubble wall because of the salt creep issues which will certainly arise. If this is a fresh water tank, good luck, but Reef Central is a marine and reef forum. Maybe we can convert you to salt water reef keeping.

uscharalph
11/13/2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah Scuba Ty, switch to Saltwater!! LOL!!!