PDA

View Full Version : Outside sump skimmer

kl3377
11/13/2007, 05:34 PM
I have a moderately stocked 120 gal and am looking for a skimmer for outside my sump. I have read approx a million posts on skimmers and I guess there is always good and bad but my main concerns in no particular order are the following:

1. No leaks - now or down the road
2. Relatively compact
3. Does the job for my tank size
4. Low maintenance and easy to clean
5. I would prefer a submersible pump (but will do what works best with the skimmer) because heat and power usage are not a concern for me.
6. Less than 50 bucks (just kidding).

Thanks for your input.

mg426
11/13/2007, 06:36 PM
H&S
Deltec
Euroreef

aquabod
11/13/2007, 06:45 PM
For the price the coralife 125 or 220 is a great skimmer. i have tried a lot of skimmers over the years and it seems to beat even the ones above its range. its not expensive either , and can be use HOT or in sump.

CruzinKim
11/13/2007, 07:30 PM
The best skimmer that you can get will be the H&S A150 for your size setup and there's room for heavy feedings if you decide to do that. Or if you change your mind and stock up that tank fully, it can handle it as well. It's got a $700 price tag though. Deltec's got a $900 price tag for same size range and Euro-Reef gots a $700 price tag. With a H&S, you'll never have to upgrade later and buy another skimmer for this tank again. It is the best built (like a tank) out of the three and just plain won't ever leak on you.