PDA

View Full Version : WATERMELON chalice?

pufferperson
11/13/2007, 08:46 PM
Where can I find one?

ssavader
11/13/2007, 10:36 PM
Try AtlantisAquarium.com and Fragglereef.com. Both have a variey of great Chalice corals.

Justin74
11/13/2007, 10:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11177752#post11177752 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pufferperson
Where can I find one?

Just look for the loooong line :lol:

-Justin

broke1
11/14/2007, 04:34 PM
He is no longer a member here, but here is one off Ebay.
ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/LIVE-CORAL-LE-TYREE-WATERMELON-ALIEN-EYE-CHALICE-ECHINO_W0QQitemZ140179035511QQihZ004QQcategoryZ46308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

downset
11/14/2007, 06:07 PM
The one on that ebay link doesnt look very impressive

Hopefully he fails at picture taking

Al G Blenny
11/15/2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah I just wrote to that person to ask lineage because it doesn't look much like the Tyree one. It looks like they found a wild colony and they are selling it as Tyree.

broke1
11/15/2007, 05:18 AM
I can't tell you if it's real or not, it's just an auction I bumped in to.

slojmn
11/15/2007, 08:47 AM
Matt, I thought the same thing when I saw the picture, despite poor camera skills or not.

Keep checking the For Sale threads here on RC, they come up every now and again.

JOSE CASAS
11/15/2007, 09:10 AM
Are you asking where can you get a pink or red watermelon LE or a chalice that looks like a watermelon with no traceable linage?Have you found what you are looking for?

pufferperson
11/16/2007, 09:23 AM
I'd probably prefer the Tyree version. But, the one on eBay is very very nice... a bit out of my budget though.. I wonder how much it will end for.

JOSE CASAS
11/16/2007, 06:05 PM
Well if it sell for close or near the current bid that thing will be a steal if it has traceable linage.

ghostman
11/16/2007, 07:08 PM
There are several reputable sellers for the Tyree version that sell in the selling forum. Do yourself a favor and buy from a reputable source with known lineage. I have never seen such a big Tyree watermelon in person, and I doubt that ebay seller has either. Not even close puff.

Al G Blenny
11/16/2007, 08:06 PM
It doesn't have traceable lineage. The owner said he picked it up at a farmers market and can't verify if it is Tyrees. Oh well. Honestly I don't think it is. No way am I paying $2000 for that.

brianbigoats
11/16/2007, 11:23 PM
i have the Reeftec watermelon 2 look just like the one the guy is selling

broke1
11/16/2007, 11:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11198547#post11198547 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Al G Blenny
It doesn't have traceable lineage. The owner said he picked it up at a farmers market and can't verify if it is Tyrees. Oh well. Honestly I don't think it is. No way am I paying $2000 for that.

That's interesting. Selling an unconfirmed Tyree as an original. It's hard to argue what he's getting for it as of right now though.

I wish mine would grow faster.

roblack
11/16/2007, 11:53 PM
That Ebay auction Watermelon does not look like the Tyree Original Pink Watermelon to me, or any other Tyree Watermelon (Bazooka, Red, Jayda's). The Pink started with Ron at Reeftec, and every pic I have seen looks vibrant and beautiful.

ViPeR_930
11/17/2007, 03:12 AM
What a scammer. He did not get it at a farmer's market and it was not labeled as a Tyree watermelon. I've noticed over the months that several of his past sales had false info also.
The seller used to frequent RC but has since been moved on. hmm :rolleyes:

Sula
11/17/2007, 09:46 AM
I'm REALLY suspicious that he is saying "no local pickups" - do you think he's anticipating a disappointed buyer?

SecretAgentMan
11/17/2007, 02:48 PM
Hey guys, thanks so much for this thread, I was winning that chalice on ebay and also assumed poor picture taking skills. But after what algblenny said I have retracted all my bids on that item, thanks!!!!!!!!!!

-SecretAgentMan

jero1
11/17/2007, 08:25 PM
That colony...(not frag) looks like the one that was sold several times already...one of which was to a friend that won and could not get it if he did not pay 5k (The aution price was $2500) His response was " what are you going to do? Give me a bad feedback" Buyer beware...............

Al G Blenny
11/18/2007, 11:18 AM
I also asked the person what the reserve price is because I hate reserves. They just waste the potential buyers time. What if the reserve is $2000 but the bid is $200. I don't want to keep bidding on it until I find out what the buyer wants. Why is there a reason to hide how much you want? It's just stupid if you ask me. Anyway he "didn't feel comfortable" disclosing that information. That is so lame.

Al G Blenny
11/18/2007, 10:42 PM
I can't take the credit for this figuring this one out but the persons name that started the thread is pufferperson. The person selling the coral on Ebay is pufferpunk. The person that posted the link to the ebay listing lives in the same state as the person that started the thread. In fact they live less than an hour away from each other. The auction location is in Indiana but it's not like that is far from Illinois. They share a border. Add to that the fact that pufferperson registered in Nov. 07' and we have a commercial poster here. Anyone see a mod anywhere?

broke1
11/19/2007, 04:53 AM
Please don't imply that I am him, I AM NOT. I just happen to have an obsession with Tyree corals and I just happened to see an auction on Ebay. I do not know him, have never met him, nor am I selling this piece. I do have a Watermelon Chalice, but mine has lineage.

Al G Blenny
11/19/2007, 11:07 AM
I wasn't implying that you were him. I was implying that you knew him. If I am wrong, I am sorry. It still seems strange that someone so close to him happened to post a link to his auction after he started a thread.

Any comments pufferperson?

ghostman
11/19/2007, 12:51 PM
Matt, you aren't the only person to make that link. Pufferperson also wrote how the chalice on ebay was "very, very nice" even though everyone else sees it is not what is listed. It does appear to me to be a post designed to bring attention to the ebay auction. Having said that, I have dealt with a previous RC member who I believe is the ebay seller. I sold him several watermelon chailces that I believe he has tried to sell on here and on ebay as Tyree. Most times when he sold them on RC, my posts contradicting lineage were edited or removed. Its really a shame.

Serioussnaps
11/19/2007, 01:09 PM
I sent pufferperson a PM with info regarding a true lineaged frag of tyree watermelon for sale by someone here on Rc that I know is legit. I told him what it would go for and all he had to do was PM dude. I know this because I was thinking about buying it but I just don't feel like dropping close to 200 on small frag right now so I referred him to that direction.

I am sure this guy didn't contact the other guy to buy it even though he started this thread acting like he didn't know whwere to find it.

Not to mention he is the first one in the thread to mention ebay? If you knew where to find one then why are you asking? Probably to point eveyone else toward the item you are trying to sell. So obvious......4 posts.......LOL.

I am going to go bid 5K on it right now and back out.

broke1
11/19/2007, 04:07 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11213752#post11213752 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Al G Blenny
I wasn't implying that you were him. I was implying that you knew him. If I am wrong, I am sorry. It still seems strange that someone so close to him happened to post a link to his auction after he started a thread.

Any comments pufferperson?

No sweat. I do not know him, have never met and don't know anyone that does know him. I search up the name "Tyree" on Ebay a couple times a week just to see what pops up.

I can understand the connection logistically speaking, I just didn't want this to ever come up if I ever decide to frag my "real" WC. I have no connection to him except living in the same armpit of the country.

The auction stuck in my head because you don't see these that big very often.

pufferperson
11/19/2007, 04:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11211522#post11211522 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Al G Blenny
I can't take the credit for this figuring this one out but the persons name that started the thread is pufferperson. The person selling the coral on Ebay is pufferpunk. The person that posted the link to the ebay listing lives in the same state as the person that started the thread. In fact they live less than an hour away from each other. The auction location is in Indiana but it's not like that is far from Illinois. They share a border. Add to that the fact that pufferperson registered in Nov. 07' and we have a commercial poster here. Anyone see a mod anywhere?

What? That makes no sense to me.. Sorry I wanted to buy a watermelon chalice and put a post on the LPS forum of RC asking where I may be able to find one.. I didn't put the link to that auction up that was broke1..

Anemone
11/19/2007, 04:52 PM
Good detective work folks. You were on the money about one of the posters.

In the future, however, please use the "report this post to a moderator" link at the bottom of one of the posts in the thread to let us know what you think. I had to stumble across this thread before any action could be taken. :D

Kevin