PDA

View Full Version : Questions!

ClayWagner
11/14/2007, 10:33 AM
Where's a local place to get John Guest fittings? Also...one cartridge (sediment filter cartridge) doesn't seal all the way, can this be solved with teflon tape? Thanks.

stugray
11/14/2007, 11:43 AM
Since you dont post your location in your profile, it would be hard to say where 'local" is for you.....

But, I can buy them at the Home Depot In Longmont Colorado.

Stu

BeanAnimal
11/14/2007, 11:59 AM
Most Lowes stores cary the WATTS brand of quick connect fittings. They are John Guest compatible.

cannarella
11/14/2007, 12:21 PM
MY HD has the John Guest fittings.

BeanAnimal
11/14/2007, 12:33 PM
My HD must suck.

cannarella
11/14/2007, 12:54 PM
No mine does, it is more like a 3/4 HD. It was a trial for to see if it would work in smaller towns. It does not carry some products like a regular one does. The one thing that pops into mind is no hose cut to length. The have some precut to 10' lengths, but just a few.

BeanAnimal
11/14/2007, 01:30 PM
"Hey can I get some help? I need a 200A service panel and a service entrance weatherhead"

"Sorry man, this is not my regular department, I am the garden depertment guy"

"Hey can I get some help? I need to order a bathtub and rubbed bronze fixtures"

"Sorry man, this is not my regular department, I work in electrical usually"

I hate going to those places and trying to get help. I feel bad fpr those folks who don't know what they are looking for, or those looking for advice or instruction!

I can't help but to help people when I am there.... I hate to see folks be given bad advice when it comes to construction projects.

"Sure all you need to do is spread that pre-mixed thinset out over the plywood and set your 16x16 travertine tiles in place. When your done grout with this pre-mixed grout. Use some spray sealer and your all set. It will last you a lifetime but call the manufacturer if the tiles heave in a week, not us!."

cannarella
11/14/2007, 02:03 PM
I know what you mean. I know where everyhting is and I move switly through the store where I guess it puts a sign above my head saying

"I am not dressed like a HD employee at all but ask me anyways because I loot like I know what I am doing."

It does not bother me because I like helping people. I know they will go away more satisified then if they were helped by the actual employees.

kevin95695
11/14/2007, 05:04 PM
Try your Culligan dude in your town. Or just order them online if you can wait a couple days.