PDA

View Full Version : So my BTA took a ride on the closed-loop highway

Subliminal
11/14/2007, 01:44 PM
...and didn't come out the other end in one piece...or even just a hundred pieces.

There were little pieces of BTA EVERYWHERE in my cloudy tank when I went home for lunch today.

As you may or may not know, my BTA split several weeks ago.

The new lil guy was content to stick around the other BTA, but apparently decided to move this morning.

I did an emergency 5 gallon water change and started mixing up another 5g that I'm going to follow up with this evening.

Strangely enough, everything else in the tank looked just fine. Xenia was pumping, millie was as hairy as ever, zoos all open.

Hoping for the best right now...

a2fire2i
11/14/2007, 04:35 PM
I had the same thing happen in my 20L. I just put some carbon in the tank, and it was fine. I didnt even have to change any water..

Haddonisreef
11/14/2007, 05:39 PM
Lots of carbon!!! Still do a couple of water changes to NO that alll will be well! Sorry for your loss, anemones are alot like toddlers "watch it all tthe time and child proof everthing"
Good luck:bum:

shibumi
11/14/2007, 07:18 PM
Yes taking care of a child. That is how I felt last night. I couldn't sleep because my new (2 weeks) rose anemone decide it didn't like (again) the spot were it was. I set up a wonderful place with med flow nice lighting and nice cave but of course it dint like the spot.

Is it ever going to stop walking around at night? 2 weeks are not enough for it to know where it wants to live? grrrrr

I end up turning off the power heads and going to sleep. Of course ... I check it a couple of times more after that.