PDA

View Full Version : free green chromis

foodstamp
11/15/2007, 03:32 PM
soon as I catch satan you can have ......
If no one wants him its getting the death penalty charges are 3 counts of murder in the 1st degree he killed 2 of hiz own and bonnie....

shelbiesdaddy
11/15/2007, 06:52 PM
How big is it?

foodstamp
11/15/2007, 08:45 PM
Not very big about the size of a quarter round maybe 1 1/2" long with tail

boviac
11/15/2007, 08:58 PM
I've got two out of like six or eight left that are about that size. I'll be happy to take him! But Dan probably has dibs.

foodstamp
11/15/2007, 08:58 PM
he has not touched any of my snails/hermits fire/peppermint shrimps , or my manderin and most of all no corals..

shelbiesdaddy
11/15/2007, 08:59 PM
We'll take it if no one else wants it. Give me a PM when you catch it.

foodstamp
11/15/2007, 09:17 PM
I started with 5.....
1 died from the get go then this one got fatter and fish started disaperring

shelbiesdaddy
11/15/2007, 09:28 PM
It would need to be pretty tough to survive in our fish only.

If Chris wants it let him have it. We really don't need any more fish right now. Have been looking into getting one but we can wait.

boviac
11/15/2007, 09:33 PM
Dan,

From what I've researched, this fish, Chromis, feels more comfortable in groups - generally, in odd numbers.

They tend to get very stressed during shipping and my polling experience shows it is not uncommon for one to expire within a short time (i.e 24-48hours). But if they make it over a week or so they'll be around for a while as long as they are feed well as they eat all the time.

boviac
11/15/2007, 09:34 PM
foodstamp,

sure it's a chromis and not a damsel? chromis generally are peaceful fish. However, I found if the 'school' finds one to be weak, they'll prevent it from activity and to that end eating.

foodstamp
11/15/2007, 10:02 PM
I got it from rob at underwaterparadise.... I'm sure he did not mislable a tank full but it could be 1 that got mixed up some how this one just don't stop eating.... And it grows super fast as to any fish i have seen i just got home from work and pulled out all my rock to get him..... Im gonna warn you u put a net in the tank and he is gone 1 smart fish...
I just can't have one that eats my sons nemo.....

boviac
11/15/2007, 10:38 PM
Generally chriomis have more of a V tale and are more a pale shade of green with hints of blue tint. Even with a general peaceful nature each fish tends to have their own personality and depending on when introduced and size of tank can have a big impact on their territorial dominance.

boviac
11/15/2007, 10:39 PM
Plus, I doubt Rob would have made that mistake.

foodstamp
11/15/2007, 11:13 PM
it is lite green with shades of blue and a v shaped tail.... All 5 where placed in my 80 gallon a week after bonnie & clyde (clowns) i all so was adding rock daily for the most part..... Anyways all be in chico after 5 you to fight over who wants it... Dan had first dib but all let you to scrap over the killer :) just let me know and all pm you my # and we can meet up somewhere. I drive all over chico so any side of town is ok with me

shelbiesdaddy
11/15/2007, 11:23 PM
sounds like it would make you a trio Chris. Go ahead and take it if you want it.

foodstamp
11/16/2007, 11:06 AM
so i had to take out damn near all my rock ( 80 pounds ) but i got him... chris all pm you my # call me and let me know where & what time is good for you after 5......

boviac
11/16/2007, 11:20 AM
Foodstamp: I'll PM you back.

foodstamp
11/16/2007, 11:24 PM
killers yours chris good luck let me know how it go's

boviac
11/18/2007, 12:17 PM
Killer or Satan or whatever his name is sure is living up to his name. So far he's just started to pick on the larger chromis that he was schooling with. Luckily I do not have a large fish load so I don't think I have too much to worry about and luckily they (chromis) like the very front of my tank so if I need I feel I can take satan out and move him to the 29 if need be where he can be king except for the algae blenny whose been king in there for close to two years.

foodstamp
11/19/2007, 01:32 PM
glad to hear he is liven up to the name ....
I hope he chill's out for you but I guess there's gotta be 1 badfish from time to time

boviac
12/05/2007, 03:48 PM
foodstamp,

That chromis sure shows signs that he thinks he's a damsel (a kinder way of spelling devil). I moved the most timid of my now three chromis to my 29 and he's still shy but amazingly alive. For I know if he gets too much weaker the bristleworms in there will not leave much of him to find.

Anyway, he (Satan) occasionally picks on the bigger chromis but they both seem to exist fine and none of the other fish appear to be affected. Then again I rarely see them anyway: Clown basically lives inside the anemone, tang is shy and is afraid of his own reflection, and the goby comes and goes.