PDA

View Full Version : Nasty Black Edge Eel

WDWDen
11/15/2007, 06:45 PM
Have any of you ever heard of a black edge eel? My brother bought two of them from the LFS a couple of weeks ago. They are both about 10" or so. At first they got along fine, but recently the one has been nipping and now took a decent bite out of the other one. I told my brother he could bring him to my tank for now. I'm watching him and hopeing he won't mess with my triggers or Dragon eel. They did get into a little scuffle a few minutes ago. The eels went to seperate sides of the tank, but I have a feeling this won't go anywhere good. My fish are all pretty large and aggresive, so I'm hopeing if anyone gets hurt, it will be him.

My brother says they look like chainlink eels. Do you have any info on these eels? I know I should research fish before I put them in, but I felt bad for my bro.

I'm gonna see what I can find out, but any info you guys have would be welcomed!

sick1166
11/15/2007, 06:54 PM
bad azzz eels always eat always aggressive razor sharp teeth trade it in the have great color and look cool but they are mean

WDWDen
11/15/2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. You think he would pick on my triggers and dragon eel?

Sicklid
11/16/2007, 05:08 AM
You better hope that it is not an undulated eel. They look similar to Chainlink eels, but will kill anything just for fun. NASTY!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1239181