PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angel getting really bloated?

woody311az
11/16/2007, 08:05 AM
I have a flame angel that had a very bad case of ich. So I quarantined her (also quarantined my 2 clown fish but they are doing great) and began hyposalinity. I drooped the salinity over a period of 2 and a half day so it wasn't too quick, but my flame has stopped eating completely and is getting very bloated. Her belly has gotten very large and I know she hasn't eaten anything in a few days. She is also hardly moving. So would the ich cause her to bloat like that or is it something else?

woody311az
11/16/2007, 08:40 AM
Also she has lost lots of her color, what use to be a bright orange/red is now a more fleshy looking pink.

woody311az
11/17/2007, 03:56 PM
Well she seems to be doing better, the bloating has pretty much gone away, her color has come back and she even started eating a little. So I still don't know exactly what the cause was, I'm just guessing it was the ich, but I'm glad she's doing better.

iwishtofish
11/18/2007, 12:19 AM
woody311az, I have a flame angel also (only fish) that I want to quarantine and hypo for ich, so I'd love it if you kept us informed of your progress.

Curious about your fish's reaction. I'm not that knowledgeable, but I would imagine a lot of things could go askew during the process, including stress from factors such as capture, environmental changes, acclimation, water parameters, etc.

Can you give a little more detail as to the methods you have used, from capturing the fish :rolleyes: to your current state? Also, are you using a refractometer?