PDA

View Full Version : Off topic/ nothing important thread.

Rysam
11/16/2007, 10:22 AM
just to give us a place to BS a bit.
it will get confusing but thats all the fun.

i'll start. i love taco trucks. just look at me thats obvious. i like dukes cork and bottle or el grullense on park by skyway. which one is your favorite? you know you eat at them....

foodstamp
11/16/2007, 10:37 AM
i have not hit up any of the taco trucks in chico but in redding reco's taco's is damn good.... in the store or off there trucks.....

boviac
11/16/2007, 11:30 AM
When I work in Paradise I hit the one south of Taco Bell near the NorthWest corner of Clark and Pearson I think in the King's Tavern Parking lot - love them burritos. Other than that I don't usually visit them. I probably should more- especially now that it is getting cooler.

Rysam
11/16/2007, 03:15 PM
yeah he's a good one chris. i go there all the time.
whatever you do AVOID the one in magalia just past the shell station. i dont know if he's still there though because his tacos and burritos were foul. it was some nasty crap. taco seasoning and liquid smoke. ugggh i still shudder to this day. 3 bites was all i could choke down.

iairj84
11/16/2007, 04:07 PM
My favorites would have to be the Tacos El pinolero trucks here in chico, there's a couple of them one's in the chico collision center parking lot and the other is in the parking lot on esplanade across from where the albatross was. They have the best steak there, as for chico I love the one on the corner of esplanade and shasta. It's a more permanant trailer type one.

I do enjoy the one inside dukes, they're pretty good as well. I actually just had taco truck today for lunch! It's cheap and good!

boviac
11/16/2007, 06:34 PM
I must admit this brought my attention to finally visit the one nearby my house. I think the guys who run it live only a two houses away from me too. Small world. It was soo good. I'm still full. NW corner of Shasta and Esplanade in Chico. :D

Tylt33
11/16/2007, 06:58 PM
There used to be a truck out on East Avenue, and so one day we took one of our friends there, because he said he would eat their cowbrain burrito if we bought it for them. We got there and they had stopped serving cow brains for whatever reason. It was really dissapointing.

iairj84
11/17/2007, 02:10 AM
Yeah that one on NW corner of shasta has the best chicken quesadillas!! I love those!
I actually have a running tab at the one across from where albatross used to be, the guy that owns it is one of the funniest people I've met.

Yeah I've actually eaten a tongue taco before and it wasn't all that bad. I got it on accident and enjoyed it until I found out what it was. I wouldn't order it again even if it tasted pretty good.

Rysam
11/17/2007, 11:36 AM
i have a big issue with tasting something that can taste me. no thanks. just give me my asada and beans with no rice and im a happy fatman. is the one on shasta the trailer by the tack store? i havent been on that end of town in a while.

iairj84
11/17/2007, 12:12 PM
Yep! right by the tack store. I don't like their asada as much as the other one I go to but their chicken, and mainly the quesadillas are to die for! I don't think you'll be disappointed but to each his own.

foodstamp
11/17/2007, 02:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11201875#post11201875 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kinghokus420
no rice

im with you on that one hehehehe

iairj84
11/17/2007, 03:27 PM
Man I go no beans with extra rice.... or just all meat.

Tylt33
11/18/2007, 03:15 AM
No rice, and for the love of everything sacred, NO CILANTRO.

Rysam
11/18/2007, 11:01 AM
no cilantro?

thats the best part. i usually ask for extra.

boviac
11/18/2007, 11:07 AM
I'm not a cilantro fan either. I grew up without spices and simple foods... slowly I'm adapting but cilantro is just way too much for me at this point in my life.

iairj84
11/18/2007, 11:48 AM
I used to not like cilantro but now I love it! I always order with cilatro although not extra as the one time I did that it was a huge cilantro burrito.... I can't wait to go down to mexico next year and eat the truly authentic tacos there. They're not too far off from the ones here they're just a lot cheaper and have a little bit better flavor

Tylt33
11/18/2007, 11:50 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11207606#post11207606 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iairj84
I used to not like cilantro but now I love it! I always order with cilatro although not extra as the one time I did that it was a huge cilantro burrito.... I can't wait to go down to mexico next year and eat the truly authentic tacos there. They're not too far off from the ones here they're just a lot cheaper and have a little bit better flavor

And they don't wash their hands when they make them :D

iairj84
11/18/2007, 12:04 PM
Naaaa! We go down with the locals and they know where the clean ones are. I don't think any of us have gotten sick from it yet the last 5 years of going 3 or 4 times over the course of the week....

You're right though, you have to be kinda careful with some of them :D

boviac
11/20/2007, 12:05 PM
Who's going to a taco truck today? :D

iairj84
11/20/2007, 12:54 PM
I am!!! At least that's the plan after class :D

boviac
11/21/2007, 08:26 PM
Went back to that taco truck of Shasta & Esplanade for lunch. Whew. So good. :D That's like enough of a meal to keep you full for more than a meal. I think I'll only have a snack for dinner. Ughh Not bad for $5.

boviac
11/30/2007, 03:46 PM
Who's asking for a reef related christmas gift? Or planning those gift cards to be spent at your LFS?

No taco truck today...

iairj84
11/30/2007, 06:09 PM
I'm asking for a skimmer for christmas :D

I doubt I'll get one but you never know... Probably a gift card as anyone that would buy me one would be too clueless to know which to buy and would be too worried about messing up.

No taco truck for me either today... Went to the chico meat locker though! They have the best tri-tip sandwiches on fridays.... I can't reccomend it more!

boviac
12/01/2007, 02:54 PM
Shhh... If I recall you have to phone in your request for a Friday tri-tip sandwich early cause they always sell out. One of the best kept secrets in Chico. Oh well. ;)

iairj84
12/02/2007, 02:19 AM
HA! No I actually never order over the phone for it. I get there right around noon before the mechanics get there with their phone orders and luckily they still have it. I've seen them fulfill orders through 1:00 before so I'm guessing they must just be making more..... I'm sad when I miss tri-tip Friday :D

Rysam
12/02/2007, 10:26 AM
hmm i may have to get me one of them. its been years.

iairj84
12/02/2007, 11:41 AM
You won't be dissapointed!

boviac
12/02/2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah... I recall going there just before noon sometime late last year and getting one. Very surprised I did but it was GOOD! :D

iairj84
12/02/2007, 05:02 PM
I don't know how you can stop after starting... Man I get the urge starting on wednesday. If I was on death row and had one last meal that would probably be it.

boviac
12/02/2007, 10:11 PM
I work at the north end of Chico and rarely make it south of the university unless specifically needed so I suppose you could say... I've weened it out of my system. May try it this friday however. Maybe we can have an impropmtu meeting there? :D

iairj84
12/02/2007, 10:31 PM
Haha well I go every friday from 12 til about 12:45ish as my girlfriend has her lunch break then so if you happened to come by then that would be cool to meet you. All the mechanics come around 12:15 so be prepared to wait for about 20 minutes to get the food but they're relatively quick.

iairj84
12/08/2007, 01:55 AM
Hey Did you make it over there? I was there from noon til about 1... it was a good day :D

Rysam
12/08/2007, 10:44 AM
i didnt make it. it amazing how little i really go to chico anymore.

iairj84
12/08/2007, 01:18 PM
Man that's too bad... so good!

Well to transfer over to a more holiday friendly topic.....
Does anyone cut down their own Christmas tree?
If not do you get a pre-cut tree or do you have a fake one?

boviac
12/08/2007, 01:39 PM
Not this week for me either - ended up working out in the field and through lunch. May try next week.

As far as Christmas tree's - we did the opposite. We bought a live tree and after Christmas we're going to the forest to plant it.

iairj84
12/08/2007, 01:46 PM
Wow, thats a pretty cool new concept! I always wanted to do that but for some reason the family never went along with it. Definitely better for the environment!

That's a good thing to teach the family

iairj84
12/09/2007, 12:25 AM
Well I'm definately not as good for the environment as I cut down my tree today. I do however always have the boyscouts take the tree for use in creating fish habitats in Lake Oroville... It makes me feel a little bit better about having a christmas tree... Although it's a catch 22.

I do think the potted or live tree and planting it is a great idea though!

Rysam
12/09/2007, 01:25 AM
i paid some greedy bastard 45$ for a tree im going to throw into the dumpster in a month. :D
next year, i'll have the jeep lifted so i'll be able to go way back into prime tree area and chop down my own tree.:eek1:

boviac
12/09/2007, 12:46 PM
Yeah, we're not all that 'green' because our other alternative was to go in separate vehicles with friends and family up Hwy 162 to Plumas NF and cut ours down for a $10 permit fee.

Nonetheless, although at times I may preach but I really prefer simply to just live the lifestyle that I believe needs to be lived... if it rubs of on others, so be it. :D