PDA

View Full Version : square tank stocking list. opinions?

cwilson
11/16/2007, 10:52 AM
tank will be apx. 43 gallons, measuring 24X24x17tall

rockwork will most likely be a center "mountain" and possibly a couple of small piles elsewhere. im thinking....

sixline wrasse (from my current system. never had any bullying issues)
algea blenny
3-4 bg chromis
3-4 bangghai carindals
pair of cinnimon clowns (which will have a host anemone)
goby and pistol shrimp pair

the things im concerned with are the two schools of fish fighting, and then the blenny and goby fighting. any opinions?

any feedback, advice, and experience are all welcome. thanks!
:)

cwilson
11/16/2007, 10:57 AM
^^^that was my 300th post! yeah!^^^ :D

cwilson
11/16/2007, 04:48 PM
bump

anyone? no one has any advice at all?

fishyz
11/17/2007, 01:12 AM
I think that banggai cardinals do best in pairs if I am not mistaken( maybe someone else can help me out on that). If you cut down the cardinals, then I think you should be fine. You just have to watch out for the clowns becoming too territorial. I have heard a few stories with cinnimons. Other than that, sounds pretty good.

stevensun
11/17/2007, 02:40 AM
blenny and goby will just ignore each other. I agree with fishyz that cadinals might not be compatible with your clowns.

cwilson
11/17/2007, 11:22 AM
k. yeah, now that i think about it, that does make sense. and i would probably have worse aggression issues having really only one rock structure...

thanks for the advice!

rishma
11/17/2007, 08:55 PM
banggai were just added to the endangered species list. please only purchase captive bred

cwilson
11/17/2007, 09:40 PM
i only but captive (or at least what im told is captive)

Conesus_Kid
11/17/2007, 09:52 PM
If it were me, I'd keep only two Banggai's and add another goby (Rainford, court jester) instead of the chromis. I don't have chromis, but 24" doesn't seem like that much room for them to swim. All of the other fish you've listed tend to hang in one spot.

(Not sure how your six-line will feel about this...)

Let us know what you decide!