PDA

View Full Version : My Sharks a Jumper

limitedslip
11/16/2007, 11:20 AM
He's still alive, breathing a lil faster than normal, but still alive.

anway, heres the story. Woke up this morning to write a paper, an hour after I woke up, I turned on the lights in my tank. and the shark was missing! shark is about 14 inches from head to tail, so id be easy to spot. I went looking around the tank frantically, looked under my couch, everything. I know bamboos can survive a few hours outa water, so i increased my search radius. After 20 minutes, i was like, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! I hear a gurgle in overflow box, I look in it, and my shark is headfirst in the overflow :eek:. And she didnt want to come out :p . Guess now I gotta build a eggcrate lid for my tank:rolleyes:

xtopher_vw
11/16/2007, 11:31 AM
glad you found it. Cool story

obzezzed350
11/16/2007, 11:33 AM
lol pics would of been great

limitedslip
11/16/2007, 12:02 PM
ya, pictures where the furthest thing from my mind at that moment ><

TheSaltwaterGuy
11/16/2007, 03:49 PM
Damn, your tank has been going through hell these past few weeks, huh? First, your Ray, now this?!?!

Gah lee. I feel for ya, man.

Get to building that eggcrate!!!!

FishyMel
11/16/2007, 05:20 PM
ha, yeah my shark jumped out of my tank a couple weeks ago. :) I caught the problem immediately though and when I put him in the tank he wasn't even breathing hard. I hear they can live out of water for ling extents of time considering they live in shallow water that frequently fluctuates from the tide levels.

limitedslip
11/16/2007, 08:42 PM
on the lighter side, my parrotfish no longer acts like a parrotfish ><. its no longer shy at all.

JVITAL55
11/16/2007, 11:00 PM
I am having the same problem with my snowflake eel. It's just a baby, but its gone into my overflow twice now.