PDA

View Full Version : is ATI going out of busness?

Corn
11/17/2007, 01:28 PM
i have been looking at the ATI bubble master for some time now and have heard that they are claiming bankruptcies? if so then if one of the pumps goes bad the what would i do. can any one give me some info on what is happening.
Matt

ret25yo
11/17/2007, 01:36 PM
if the pumps go bad you can get a new one through the manufacturer of the pumps --- sicce

Lumamae
11/17/2007, 01:46 PM
This was a rumor that seem to have been originated on the Premium Aquatics forum, but was since deleted. Here we go again.

I don't think so since the ATi Powermoduls are still coming in and the ATi T5 bulbs has been the most effective par along with UVL, and gaining popularity.

As for warranty support, ReefGeek handles all that as they are the exclusive importer for ATi products. RG has had one of the best customer service and they're required to carry all replacement parts for the BM skimmers.

3.99AfterTaxes
11/18/2007, 04:16 PM
I don't believe RG is exclusive...

CruzinKim
11/18/2007, 05:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11209365#post11209365 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 3.99AfterTaxes
I don't believe RG is exclusive... RG is the master dealer for ATi products in USA, all other dealers must buy from RG.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11202849#post11202849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lumamae
This was a rumor that seem to have been originated on the Premium Aquatics forum, but was since deleted. Here we go again. PA publicly and privately apologized to ATi for making those comments, so it's a close subject. Of course, many felt it should have never been said in the first place, whether true or not.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11202768#post11202768 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Corn
if so then if one of the pumps goes bad the what would i do. can any one give me some info on what is happening.
Matt I wouldn't worry about this because of both mentioned in above posts. RG as a master dealer should have everything in stock to cover any problems. Also, you can always go back to the pump company that makes the pumps for ATi and it is Sicce.

luke33
11/18/2007, 06:10 PM
How can this be with the ati brand. www.diyreef.com offers cheaper pricing than reefgeek for bulb's? I don't know if that is true import wise.

USC-fan
11/18/2007, 06:13 PM
Where there’s smoke there’s fire.

King-Kong
11/18/2007, 10:58 PM
Is there something you know, or is this more of the same nonsense that PA retracted?

Seriously, thing's like this are pretty low, so unless you've got some facts and truth to contribute, I think the subject should be cleared up and left at that.

Creetin
11/19/2007, 02:02 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11211915#post11211915 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by King-Kong
Is there something you know, or is this more of the same nonsense that PA retracted?

Seriously, thing's like this are pretty low, so unless you've got some facts and truth to contribute, I think the subject should be cleared up and left at that.

Looks like he is just spreading more of the same king.

3.99AfterTaxes
11/19/2007, 02:23 AM
[QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11209611#post11209611 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CruzinKim
[B]RG is the master dealer for ATi products in USA, all other dealers must buy from RG.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, but ooookay...

All that aside, ATI hasn't exactly proven itself to be remarkably reliable when it comes to filling product orders on the wholesale side. Mayhap this has something to do with the rumors?

Creetin
11/19/2007, 03:52 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11212351#post11212351 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 3.99AfterTaxes
[QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11209611#post11209611 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CruzinKim
[B]RG is the master dealer for ATi products in USA, all other dealers must buy from RG.

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, but ooookay...

All that aside, ATI hasn't exactly proven itself to be remarkably reliable when it comes to filling product orders on the wholesale side. Mayhap this has something to do with the rumors?

Well its true, Just like proline brings in RE stuff.
Then you could say the same about RE/Bubblekings. They have problems filling orders world wide as well. ;)

Matt/corn, I dont think this is true. There are some companys that would love for ATI to go under. ATI has been very professional about certain competitors trying to slander them in this way.
This isnt the first time, and doubt it will be the last sad to say.
Oliver from ATI has addressed this and said they were in the process of expanding and them going under could not be further from the truth. I believe this. Everything the guy has stated to me has been true thus far.

USC-fan
11/19/2007, 05:27 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11211915#post11211915 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by King-Kong

Seriously, thing's like this are pretty low, so unless you've got some facts and truth to contribute, I think the subject should be cleared up and left at that. there are rumors going around about them and also another skimmer company that makes bio-cube skimmers.

mavgi
11/19/2007, 06:26 AM
Are you feed on from rumors ?

and by the way it's not a stock market that you put there your saving...... if something happen always there is exchange....

when i saw that post i ask Mr' Oliver and he comment to that immediately , also Greg from Reef Geek told me personal that shipping from ATI in germany still come in...

hope it will be more clearly from RG or ATI .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11212506#post11212506 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by USC-fan
there are rumors going around about them and also another skimmer company that makes bio-cube skimmers.

USC-fan
11/19/2007, 07:02 AM
Just take it with a grain of salt, that why you see really little threads about things like this here.

When AGA aquarium was sold or when they brought oceanic i didn't even see one thread about that here. The business part of this hobby is rarely talk about on this forum, which i think is a really good thing.

3.99AfterTaxes
11/19/2007, 11:41 AM
I believe Proline was bringing in ATI as a master distributor?

Maybe not anymore?

hahnmeister
11/19/2007, 01:18 PM
I havent heard a thing bad about ATI's business position. In the past, there have been problems, but nothing recent. Perhaps past information is getting recycled?

I know one thing though... US companies need to step up to the plate because pretty soon the conversion rate is goint to make imports from the EU too expensive to even bother with. Those new chinese made Sicce run bubble plate skimmers are aimed directly at ATI's bubblemasters, and look to be a better design at that. So I hope ATI has enough other products in its line to keep afloat (bulbs, and ramping up supply on those powermodules) or its going to be hard to compete.

luke33
11/19/2007, 02:03 PM
Exactly, there bulb's are still the best par and colors imo, but there skimmers are about to get washed out with the new octo's with the bubble plate's and sicce's. Its going to kill the BM's.

USC-fan
11/19/2007, 02:09 PM
did they ever announce a price for the octo extreme?

These EU companies are going to be in big trouble if the dollar keep falling. We already seen some BIG price increase from some of them. H&S and DAS have both had price increase in the last couple of months. H&S was more extreme and now most of their skimmers cost more than deltecs. That sure will push more people into deltec skimmers.

luke33
11/19/2007, 02:11 PM
No prices yet........and one more thing off the subject....whats up with aquacintics and a 100-200 price increase on an already overpriced solar flare........Not going to recommend them anymore.

Creetin
11/19/2007, 02:27 PM
Well i havnt really seen anything impressive by the octo extremes design wise. Thats just me
Whats so special about them??? I dont get it besides the alledged sicce.

luke33
11/19/2007, 02:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11215488#post11215488 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Creetin
Well i havnt really seen anything impressive by the octo extremes design wise. Thats just me
Whats so special about them??? I dont get it besides the alledged sicce.

Very large diameter neck, large diameter body, bubble plate, 22+lpm air, under 30watts.......more than likely in the 300-500dollar range. Whats to question about them?

FinsReef
11/19/2007, 04:40 PM
USC-fan
The following statement is simply not true. There is only one skimmer in the H&S line that is at a higher price point than Deltec.
H&S was more extreme and now most of their skimmers cost more than deltecs.
Please lmk where you are getting this info? Price increases was on average of 8%, and the only increase in the last 3 years.

xinumaster
11/19/2007, 07:17 PM
Where can I get more info about this octo extreme skimmer?

carlos_fb
11/19/2007, 08:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11217603#post11217603 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xinumaster
Where can I get more info about this octo extreme skimmer?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1229392

hahnmeister
11/19/2007, 11:05 PM
I dont see those as such a big deal because its still the same old crappy octo pump. But these... these are a different story...
http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_48

Aimed directly at ATI, and, FWIW, I like the design better as well (no central pipe, no gate valve, etc.)

JCTewks
11/20/2007, 12:30 AM
Those are two radically different skimmers!! i thought that all octopus skimmers were the same :lol::lol:

I'll def take the one from MS :)

The PA ones just look like a regular octopus with a bubble plate in them....same ridicolously small necks and inefficient pumps!

hahnmeister
11/20/2007, 02:00 AM
It would be nice to see a hybrid of the two... recirc like the extreme, but with the Sicce pumps.

luke33
11/20/2007, 06:01 AM
Rob at MS has told me there s a recirc on the way, he just didn't get pics of them. And i wasn't talking about the octo's from PA.......

hahnmeister
11/20/2007, 12:25 PM
Thats pretty cool... might have to jump on one of those...

Creetin
11/20/2007, 02:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11219412#post11219412 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hahnmeister
I dont see those as such a big deal because its still the same old crappy octo pump. But these... these are a different story...
http://www.marinesolutionsinc.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_48

Aimed directly at ATI, and, FWIW, I like the design better as well (no central pipe, no gate valve, etc.)

Oh ok, Those are diff from the PA ones i seen. LOL i was like thats what was going to knock off ATI???
I wonder why they onlu have one sicce on that big one? Looks like it would need 2.
I think ATI will do some redesign. JMO wonder when the 300 will be out?
Are those on the SWC the sicce's with 3/4 inch in/outlets??

luke33
11/20/2007, 02:58 PM
Coralvue imported = not good and SWC importers like marine solutions = good

Yea the coralvue one's are basically a regular octo with a bubble plate, thats about all they changed. I guess its better but not much as you really didn't need a bubble plate in the octo's....hmmm

kdblove_99
11/20/2007, 07:59 PM
that is a nice looking skimmer. still anxious too see the price tag

hahnmeister
11/20/2007, 10:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11223083#post11223083 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Creetin
Oh ok, Those are diff from the PA ones i seen. LOL i was like thats what was going to knock off ATI???
I wonder why they onlu have one sicce on that big one? Looks like it would need 2.
I think ATI will do some redesign. JMO wonder when the 300 will be out?
Are those on the SWC the sicce's with 3/4 inch in/outlets??

Lol, I said the same thing about the big one if you read the thread. As it turns out, there are two pumps intended for that skimmer, you can just see the port on the backside... they just didnt put the pump on it. So yeah, the 10" diameter one does have two pumps.

I dont know that ATI can do a redesign. At one time, I remember them mentioning a new body for the 300... a cone perhaps, but now with Klaus and ATB and KZ, would they really want to enter into that fray? I mean, really, whose design do they want to copy next? Its been done.

xinumaster
11/21/2007, 05:32 PM
I would really wanna see an ATI 300. It is one of the reason why I'm holding back on getting a new skimmer. The other skimmer I want to see is the ATB mid size. Don't know when ATB could finalize which pump to use. And here is another skimmer I would be interested too http://www.aquaexcel.cn/En_Product_new.asp

hahnmeister
11/21/2007, 05:37 PM
The ATB 'Medium' pump was finalized about a week ago. Its based on the Laguna 1500... posted in the ATBskimmers.com forum.

mavgi
12/06/2007, 09:56 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11226188#post11226188 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hahnmeister
Lol, I said the same thing about the big one if you read the thread. As it turns out, there are two pumps intended for that skimmer, you can just see the port on the backside... they just didnt put the pump on it. So yeah, the 10" diameter one does have two pumps.

I dont know that ATI can do a redesign. At one time, I remember them mentioning a new body for the 300... a cone perhaps, but now with Klaus and ATB and KZ, would they really want to enter into that fray? I mean, really, whose design do they want to copy next? Its been done.

before you know about the con shape of the ATB or KZ skimmer
i saw the BM300 in video (con shape) ....

and as far i remember i post once that they not going to go with the con shape and if you remember good i also send you PM regarding that...

as far as the BM300 new design and how it's work i saw video of it to ..... i realy don't know if this skimmer will be in the market or not but if it will this skimmer will perform like a beast and will kick all the big skimmer to....

i also play with different type of the laguna pump , yes the pump can perform good but can't compete the performance of the small sicce when i compare the watt use and foaming result.

AS i know from the past ATI will not make the con shape skimmer (unless someone there decide to do it and i don't think so... ) but i believe soon we will see a local skimmer maker will do it here ...

hahnmeister
12/07/2007, 12:05 AM
No picture, but it appears they have made their mind made up...
http://shops.venditio.com/meerwasser-onlineshop/katalog_php/1_1091192207671_1188413830673/1166699692531/ATI+Abschaeumer+Bubble+Master+300.html

I hear that KZ called up ATI and threatened them because of their supposed patent on the cone shape... yet they have no patent number, and USPTO cant find it. You know, if KZ cant cough up a patent number on this, ATI can sue the pants off them for making that kind of false claim...

The Laguna can blow the Sicce pumps out of the water, you just have to enlarge the volutes. You can get 4000lph for 85 watts, and still pump into a 3' tall skimmer. A sicce chokes on back pressure... very inconsistent.

Local cone shape skimmer maker? PM me... who?

JCTewks
12/07/2007, 12:16 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11332720#post11332720 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hahnmeister

Hey...don't be keeping secrets...share with the rest of the class :lol::lol:

mavgi
12/07/2007, 01:02 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11332720#post11332720 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hahnmeister
No picture, but it appears they have made their mind made up...
http://shops.venditio.com/meerwasser-onlineshop/katalog_php/1_1091192207671_1188413830673/1166699692531/ATI+Abschaeumer+Bubble+Master+300.html

I hear that KZ called up ATI and threatened them because of their supposed patent on the cone shape... yet they have no patent number, and USPTO cant find it. You know, if KZ cant cough up a patent number on this, ATI can sue the pants off them for making that kind of false claim...

The Laguna can blow the Sicce pumps out of the water, you just have to enlarge the volutes. You can get 4000lph for 85 watts, and still pump into a 3' tall skimmer. A sicce chokes on back pressure... very inconsistent.

i saw the BM300 in action with 2 Sicce and controller (con shape ) i never saw any con skimmer that can come close to this performance ..... there is no turbulence in the top of the plate and it's look like it's cut like a knife 2" of space and then all over bubble without any turbulance & i saw after different designof the BM300 in action and it was performing very well to... beast .
and i saw this link also....

the laguna can blow out 1 Sicce pump you right but when you put 2-3 Sicce with controller the laguna can't come close to it ....

by the way i test the laguna pumps with all the mod i can pick up with this pump without problem 4000LPH (but can't use this volume on my skimmer ) in lower then 85 watt (everything depend how you mod the pump) here it's now run 45LPM 60watt (ricric) but from all the test i did the Sicce perform better.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/mavgi/PIC_0599.jpg

it's not that the laguna not work good.... (you can see here in the picture the foam that this pump make) but truly compare watt use to performing 2 Sicce can work the same ( it's also depend how you mod them) with lower watt and if we put on them the controller the performance getting more better .

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/mavgi/PIC_0009-1.jpg

i am waiting now to see how the new RD DC pump will perform with the alloy mesh , i believe that this pump also will work great.

i also check some other DC pump and when i have some time i will mod one :D

hahnmeister
12/07/2007, 01:17 AM
Still mavgi... Sicces cant run in much more than 24" of water depth because they are sensitive to back-pressure. A Laguna can run 3-4' deep in the water and still get high numbers.

The RD2 is supposed to do something like 5000lph max... might be as high as 130 watts though. I know ATB is looking into them for some 'XXL' skimmers.

I have a DC pump, from china... 36v, 6000rpm max, 'pond style'. I have to mod it up though and see what it does.

mavgi
12/07/2007, 01:34 AM
i don't know if i understand good ... but for what need to run 24" water depth ......

i also ask Klaus about the RD.... and i wait for his answer :

i want to see the DC run on BK300 and on SM300 like to see on what skimmer body the pump will perform better.

i know about those chinese pump and they have some different type , it will be nice to see on smaller skimmer one that run on solar (this is what i thought on the small solar one runing on nano skimmer or small skimmer body to...) ;)

victor90
12/07/2007, 01:46 AM
The last time I talked to Klaus he is sending us the Rd2 pumps to test on our skimmers. It should be soon!!

xinumaster
12/07/2007, 01:57 PM
any one has a picture or link to video for this BM300?

glassbox-design
12/07/2007, 02:11 PM
hahn, that's been up there since the first talk of a BM300. i was told it was a very early prototype and not the skimmer that will be coming out...

mavgi- nice volute, any more pics of it? feel free to PM or e-mail me :D