PDA

View Full Version : I really mees it up

Hypo
11/17/2007, 04:35 PM
Fine. this time i really mess it up, my favorite coral, my xenia was budding (dont know if its the correct word), was puting a frag a stalk on the glass of the aquarium, on the bottom, my aquarium now is bara botom, im searching a tidal sand i dont found, so its empty for now, so the xenia fall on the floor (2 weeks ago), and i leave it there she was amazingly fine, today the stone was over the xenia, its on a small stone and it flip over the base of the coral, the point is, the coral was half atached to the glass i dont know that and pull it to put it on a bigger rock, so the coral split at half, here goes the question, the cut full of detritus that was on the glass, so clan the coral w current and put it on a bigger rock or leave it and let it recover alone?, cut the pice of xenia that still on the glass or leave it?, i apreciate as fast as you can help me, thanks.

airinhere
11/17/2007, 04:59 PM
huh? Yo no comprendo........

Do you mean is the xenia going to be okay?

Yes. (unless your water params would have killed it anyways).
Xenia is very hardy stuff. The remaining pieces should all grow into new colonies. Soon you will have too much xenia and be asking what to do to stop its growth.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
(that is evil villain laughter).

LobsterOfJustice
11/17/2007, 05:08 PM
I have no idea what you said. But chances are the xenia will be fine. You have to try to kill it. Ripping it doesnt hurt it at all.

Hormigaquatica
11/17/2007, 05:10 PM
I would leave the Xenia on the glass until it has a chance to recover and put on a little bit of growth. In all likelihood the coral will be just fine- Ive seen xenia regenerate from really tiny scraps of tissue on many occasions. Once it is all healed up you can cut the base from the glass and let it settle wherever else you want it to go in the tank. Like air said, as long as your water quality/tank parameters are in good shape, tearing alone shouldnt bother the xenia.

As a side note- there has been a lot of criticism on these boards lately of people who dont type perfect English. This is an international board, and believe it or not not Everyone speaks english as a first language. I do- and I still suck at it most of the time. If you dont understand a post because the OP doesnt have a perfect command of english (or appears drunk, or Whatever), dont be rude about it. Youre under no obligation to respond.

airinhere
11/17/2007, 05:31 PM
not my intention to be rude. I really am not exactly sure what the OP was aksing. But Xenia has a pretty straightforward answer across the board.

zach0660
11/17/2007, 06:04 PM
I not trying to be rude but would you please translate this to english!!

Roy G. Biv
11/17/2007, 06:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11203415#post11203415 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hypo
so the xenia fall on the floor (2 weeks ago), and i leave it there she was amazingly fine

Yes it is hardy, I'm suprised no one tripped on it after 2 weeks.

Dustin1231
11/17/2007, 06:21 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11203878#post11203878 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by zach0660
I not trying to be rude but would you please translate this to english!!

Zach, its funny how you have the K-state, Nebraska numbers up... but not the K.U. ones...Ha Ha!!

Hypo
11/17/2007, 06:38 PM
Hahahah so funny.... im getting crazy of this answers, i read on somewere, "if you dont have anityng good to say dont say noting", my apologizes to the moderators, if the tink this is an agrecion but i do it at a good way, waiting for help, good night.

zach0660
11/17/2007, 07:05 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11203956#post11203956 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dustin1231
Zach, its funny how you have the K-state, Nebraska numbers up... but not the K.U. ones...Ha Ha!!

Let me guess your a wildcat fan... figures. :lmao: Why dont we just get back on topic here.

smiller
11/17/2007, 07:15 PM
Hypo makes an excellent point. A little common sense tells you the difference between someone who intentionally hacks the English language and one who speaks English as a second language. I happen to fall in to that category myself as I am a recent transplant in Mexico trying to learn Spanish. I hope I have made myself very clear.

Macimage
11/17/2007, 07:47 PM
Hypo,

The xenia will be fine because it is very hardy. Just leave the cut piece attached to the glass. The piece on the small stone will grow too. You will have two pieces growing in your tank now.

Please ignore how rude some of the posters here were.

Joyce