PDA

View Full Version : Ecotech Vortec Powerhead pumps

reptilemanmark
11/18/2007, 05:41 AM
Purchased one yesterday at The Hidden Reef 20 percent off!
Took a little bit of moving and trial and error getting it going but once it was going WOW! I did not want to put a powerhead in the tank for heat and visual affects so this thing really seemed like the answer. Not sure why they are saying its wireless though because thats not the case? Its has power coming in to the controller and a cord going out to the motor. So I would not call it wireless? But this thing really moves water! I have a 144 Half Round & I mounted this thing on the back wall left side. Water hits the front curve and really moves around. We will see how it affects everything in the tank!

AquaristicA
11/18/2007, 06:44 AM
I recently purchased one too, must say it looks nice in the tank and has incredibly spread stream but makes more noice than i expected...

BangkokMatt
11/18/2007, 07:09 AM
I think the wireless refers to in-tank. How did you find positioning it. I've heard it can be difficult as there is little scope to aiming it. Also, is it noisy from the outside. Just asking because I might invest in one.

reptilemanmark
11/18/2007, 08:11 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11206421#post11206421 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BangkokMatt
I think the wireless refers to in-tank. How did you find positioning it. I've heard it can be difficult as there is little scope to aiming it. Also, is it noisy from the outside. Just asking because I might invest in one.

The first time I turned it on it fell off the tank? But then I noticed there was an adjustment for glass thickness. That fixed that problem! Mine is very Quiet cant even tell it`s running. I have to play with it some more, really could not tell the difference between the different modes. Very nice with mine because of the curved glass front. Pricey but $409 with 20 percent off so with tax it was $340 something.