PDA

View Full Version : Willing to loan out new light fixture for par testing

siwelk
11/18/2007, 08:55 AM
I just ordered the new Nova Exreme Pro T5HO 6x39w fixture from Current USA. This new model improves over the old fixture by the addition of individual reflectors and active cooling. I know that many people have disliked these fixtures in the past because of their lack of individual reflectors and consequential low light output (when compared to TEK, Aquatinics, etc.) The fixture doesnt ship until 11/26 and in the meantime i plan to pick up a lux light meter to do some testing and see how it rates against the "big-dogs." The only problem is that I will not be setting up my tank until August, because of moving constraints. If anyone has a light meter, and wants to help, I'm willing to loan out this fixutre for some par testing. I realy cant find any other option here locally and I would be able to drive up to 60 miles or so to meet someone who is capable and willing to do this.

Also, if anyone knows somplace I can get his done (a LFS perhaps?) please let me know.

Thanks!

btw, im located in Lafayette, IN.

-Kyle

GSMguy
11/18/2007, 09:08 AM
do you have a link to the new fixture???

lecher
11/18/2007, 09:43 AM
http://www.current-usa.com/nova_extreme_pro

salty child 79
11/18/2007, 09:44 AM
I would contact The Grim Reefer here on RC. He seems to be the one that is doing all of the testing. Plus the results will be able to be compared to his other testing results.

siwelk
11/18/2007, 10:07 AM
thanks. i will see what he has to say.