PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my skimmer

Angler02
11/19/2007, 09:33 AM
Ok so I recently bought a Tunze DOC skimmer 9010. I set it up using the in sump method with the suction cups on the bottom. I adjusted the air flow and the flow rate properly. I am getting no micro bubbles at all. I am going to research more on the internet but I was hoping that someone would have some input on my problem. I read also that the skimmer can be submersed in the water from 3 inches up to 11 inches, I have mine at 9 inches.

rvitko
11/19/2007, 10:26 AM
People usually use micro bubbles to refer to troublesome nuisance bubbles escaping the skimmer so I assume you mean there are no bubbles being formed inside the skimmer? If so I would guess that the airline is not properly connected to the venturi, they do often come loose in shipping and it just needs to be plugged back in. You would just remove the pump and connect the hose to the pump. When you reinsert the pump be sure the hose doesn't get kinked or pinched between the pump and skimmer body.

Angler02
11/19/2007, 10:35 AM
Bingo that was it!!!! The hose was laying just right that it looked to be attached once I pulled the pump out I noticed it wasn't. Thanks for the info, I plan this skimmer to be a great addition to my tunze collection.