PDA

View Full Version : AOG problem

mhampton27
11/19/2007, 04:42 PM
I just bought a polyp of Armor of God and when it was in the persons tank it was fine. Then I got it home a while later put it in my tank and its black. It is not closed up but I dont see any color its just black. Someone told me it could be stressed but it has been like this since Saturday.

Does anybody know if its dead or not.

jonathanws
11/19/2007, 05:03 PM
pics?

killingseed
11/19/2007, 05:15 PM
what lighting where they under? what lighting did you put them under? you may have to just give them time. i have seen many zoas lose coloration from stress of shipping or changed invironments but in time should color right back up. picture would be helpful?

650-IS350
11/19/2007, 06:40 PM
Some of my AOGs center oral disk have turned black due to stress of being moved to different areas of the tank and change in lighting..

mhampton27
11/19/2007, 07:10 PM
Yeah I just dont have a digital camera but it is dark black I see no color at all even part of the edge is black but it is open.

InADream
11/19/2007, 08:06 PM
If it is open then it is just extremely stressed... Just make sure not to move it or touch it at all, give it some space... It should be ok

Dream

mhampton27
11/19/2007, 09:43 PM
oh ok cuz AOG is an awesome zoanthid I would be very ****ed if I lost it already.

Thanks

Mr. Ugly
11/20/2007, 11:59 PM
AoG can lose some of the bright orange if bruised or when cut.

The orange will come back in a few weeks.

650-IS350
11/21/2007, 09:07 AM
Norman I got a large frag of AOG's , lineage I believe traced back to you ( LOL ), but I moved it really high and its center of the disk are turning black on me? should I move it lower again. the other frag that's half way isn't turning black but its not as bright as the other frag used to be.

Mr. Ugly
11/21/2007, 05:07 PM
AoG will get super metallic bright at the top of your tank. Even at the bottom of the tank, they'll stay bright orange.

The only time I've had AoG get black marks is if they were bruised or cut.

If the center disk is brown, they might be something different than AoG. Most of the ones I see being passed around as "True AoG" are a similar morph from a different source.

The only time I was able to make my AoG get a brown center disk was when they were completely covered with algae for 6 months, and sitting on a frag rack underneath another frag rack, far off center from a MH bulb.

Yah, I know... different tanks, different water etc. But I've had my AoG in all kinds of different tanks and lights.

650-IS350
11/21/2007, 09:26 PM
Maybe bruised since I've been moving them around lately and fragged them a couple of time very recently.