PDA

View Full Version : help...

toby16
11/19/2007, 10:12 PM
i set my first marine tank its a 100g 6 days ago it currentk ha 5kg LR and getting more on thursday do i need a skimmer and if so do i need to but it in now or can it wait also while the tank is cycleing can i add a 2nd canister thanks for the help.:D

demonsp
11/19/2007, 10:14 PM
Skimmer not really needed but doesnt hurt. It needs some break in time anyway.
2nd canister , you mean canister filter with carbon?

toby16
11/19/2007, 11:20 PM
yeah canister filter and im heard of carbon what is it

demonsp
11/19/2007, 11:26 PM
Carbon is a type of media. This would be overkill with not stock and tank cycling. If you have most of the LR and the SB then just let it cycle. I changed 20% monthy and whene readings level and stay then come back here and thread " cycle over now what".
That canister filter will come in handy but the LR , SB , and skimmer are best untill your stock increases in about 6 months.
In the mean time just research your canister filters uses and the media it can use.

toby16
11/19/2007, 11:40 PM
thanks for the help demonsp also what shoud i be doing while my tanks cylcing:thumpsup:

demonsp
11/20/2007, 12:27 AM
Research all your stock from coral to fish and there needs from lighting to placement , flow and feeding. Add least aggresive fish first then most last And mix it up . Omnivores , herbivores and carnivores but besure they are reef safe and compatible with each other.

After water readings drop and level then add some CUC and a fish or coral. Wait a week or two then add more CUC and a fish or some small frags. Many differant fish out there so take your time and enjoy.
Here is a great inique fish supplier.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/index.cfm?ref=3319&subref=AB