PDA

View Full Version : 4 Angels together in sps tank

MGB
11/19/2007, 10:21 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x240/boltondesign/4-Angels.jpg

It's not the greatest photo, but I've got 4 angels in this shot, all doing well and behaving themselves in my 160 sps tank. I've probably got around a dozen sps's plus a couple of lps's and for now nobody's misbehaving. My idea was to add the fish first then build up the corals second, we'll see if it works, but for now the fish are hooked on being fed by me and ignore the corals. I love angels and it's so cool to see those fully stocked sps tanks with angels swimming around.

dadonoflaw
11/19/2007, 10:34 PM
their individuals so you can be straight sometimes and screwed others

BangkokMatt
11/19/2007, 10:59 PM
Great fish! The 3 pieces of acropora sp. at the bottom right of the tank don't seem to be doing to well. Are you sure they are not being nipped.

MGB
11/19/2007, 11:03 PM
Actually there doing well, it's just a bad photo.

BangkokMatt
11/19/2007, 11:07 PM
Ok. Good luck with the angels. If it pays off it will look awesome!

AquaKnight
11/20/2007, 12:28 AM
Good luck!

Side note, that's a monster CBB!!

redhdmedic
11/20/2007, 09:37 AM
I remember when my hammer look like that...then I was silly and put a juv. emporer in my reef and very slowly the heads started to disappear...couldn't figure out what the heck was going on...until on fateful day when I came home early to find King Arthur snacking away on them...he rules happily in his new 215...far from the reef, while it recovers...gorgeous fish though, my favorite of all time! Good Luck!

jmaneyapanda
11/20/2007, 12:19 PM
just give it time. Start looking into different brands of fish traps.:D

redhdmedic
11/20/2007, 12:24 PM
lol...i didn't even think to warn about that too...I had to practically break down my reef to get "Arthur" out of there...and of course him and my bi-color angel are all buddy-buddy now, so they were going together...drove me bloody well nuts trying to get the 2 of them moved! But all is well now, and it almost looks like I have a new reef, but it was a major-massive-can't-even-tell-you-how-big pain in the @&$ to do it. Luckily enough for us everything survived!

triggerfish1976
11/20/2007, 01:04 PM
The emperor is still a juve. but might start picking especially on that Hammer as it gets bigger. Majestics are one of the more reef safe angels. The flames can be hit or miss but generally leave SPS alone and the Argi's are usually pretty safe as well.
The two larger angels may start going at it once the emp. starts changing colors so be prepared to have to remove one of them if they do.

techreef
11/20/2007, 01:12 PM
i swear, and i don't mean any offense to the OP with this, it's just an observation. if you say "this fish is NOT REEF SAFE. It has a 97% chance of nipping your corals, inverts, etc.," there will always be other reefers who take that as a gauntlet being tossed and they will create a beautiful tank with those "iffy" fish happily swimming around. :) i love it. MGB, you've got some gorgeous fish in there. and that is the Incredible Hulk of CBBs!

MGB
11/20/2007, 01:48 PM
That CBB is quite large, but it was the best example of a healthy CBB I'ver ever seen in a LFS, eating and acting normal and still fat even after shipping etc. I've kept the wieght on the CBB by feeding clams, and as you might expect the other fish love clams too. In fact my six lined and my cleaner shrimp have doubled in size over the last few months, and the angels seam nice and fat too. If you want to put wieght on a fish try feeding clams, it really works, of course I mix it up with other food too.

MGB
11/20/2007, 02:07 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x240/boltondesign/Copperband.jpg

Here's a shot of the copperband. What's interesting is watching her hold her own with the angels, she'll stick out her dorsal spines and is quite effective at pushing the angels away, this usually happens around food, I really don't have a lot of aggression at other times, my fish have figured out the pecking order.
No prizes for guessing who's top dog, even though it was the last fish introduced the Juv Emporer never backs down from a scrap and has quietly become the dominant fish, but has the great inquizitive personality that everybody loves.

HPD Turbo
11/20/2007, 02:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11222422#post11222422 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MGB
That CBB is quite large, but it was the best example of a healthy CBB I'ver ever seen in a LFS, eating and acting normal and still fat even after shipping etc. I've kept the wieght on the CBB by feeding clams, and as you might expect the other fish love clams too. In fact my six lined and my cleaner shrimp have doubled in size over the last few months, and the angels seam nice and fat too. If you want to put wieght on a fish try feeding clams, it really works, of course I mix it up with other food too.
Can u explain a little more on the clams feeding?

Thanks.

MGB
11/20/2007, 02:19 PM
You can usually buy small 2" farm raised clams from your meat/fish dept. I get the fresh ones and then just split them open with a broad knife and use a small scissors to sred the meat a little, while still leaving it attached to the now opened shell. You can also remove any clam waste and rinse a little befor just placing in the bottom of the tank. The fish soon smell the yummy clam and devour within minutes. No waste or poluting of the water comparatively too frozen foods.

AquaKnight
11/20/2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the CBB pic, beautiful fish.

Have you heard the Emperor bark yet?