PDA

View Full Version : Injured Blue Linckia

dclaghorn
11/20/2007, 12:16 PM
The tip of my linckia looks like it's been chewed off. The wound is white and on the tip of one arm/ray. It looks like something is leaking out of it. It's weird. If I could find my camera, I'd post a pic. But alas, thats the real issue. I can't find the camera. I only have one blue-green chromis after an ich wipe-out 3 weeks ago. This wound just showed up the day before yesterday. Then last night, I saw one of my nassarius snails working over the wound, so I moved the star up into the rocks. I've had the star for about 2 months. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

LPDK91
11/21/2007, 10:29 PM
Mine also looked like a bite before it died off. I didnt think I had any fish in my tank that could hurt him either. After a few more weeks he started turning into a goo pile and died. He was in my tank for three months before this happened. Good luck

LeslieH
11/22/2007, 02:36 PM
Judging by the information available here & other places Linckia stars don't do well at all in most tanks. Yours might be dying. Check out this ReefKeeping article: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-12/rs/index.php