PDA

View Full Version : problems getting aquanotes config'd

crazy loaches
11/22/2007, 06:06 AM
Ok, just installed aquanotes today v3.50. I followed the steps up through 3.3.5 and rebooted my machine. After reboot I tried whats suggested in 3.3.6, the 127.0.0.1:/aquanotes and also //desktop1/aquanotes (since desktop1 is the name of the machine) and get nothing.

So I went to open up aquanotes and now it wont open, giving me an error box stating;

System Error &H80004015 (-214767243). The class is configured to run as a security id different from the caller

Any clues?

lvreefer
11/24/2007, 05:37 PM
You might need to reinstall. Are you running web services? And its a must to have the correct firmware on the ac!!

crazy loaches
11/26/2007, 07:36 AM
Well, like I said I followed the instructions up till that point (which included the setting up of IIS). I dont really know much about IIS (so not sure if its actually working) and I didnt even realize I'd need it for aquanotes, but whatever. I kinda hate running IIS, since I actually already run webserver and I hate having to run another machine... but what I use is linux and apache so I have to run a windoze box for the AC anyways:rolleyes:. Hmmm, wonder if I can emulate IIS on a virtual windows on linux... hmmm.

Yeah I dont think there is much to do besides uninstalling and reinstalling and I'll try that this week. I'll have to double check the firmware... whats the easiest way? Its a brand new unit, I just assumed the firmware would be current but I'll double check tonight after work.

clp
11/26/2007, 01:34 PM
For AquaNotes support please send an email to support@neptunesys.com, and include your name and 12 digital registration code.

Curt