PDA

View Full Version : More nano bracket issues...

MJAnderson
11/23/2007, 07:22 AM
Roger,

Am I the only one having problems with the clips breaking along the curve of the 'c'? I have 4 nanos and have replaced all 4 brackets due to the tabs breaking (actually only 3 of the 4 broke, the other replacement was just to be safe) where they attach to the magnet but last night I found that one bracket had cracked and I hadn't even touched it. I broke one before in the same spot when I pulled the pump out of the bracket for cleaning, but this one broke completely without my intervention.

Is there another version of the bracket coming out that is a complete redesign?

DevilBoy
11/23/2007, 08:14 AM
no you are not the only one. I had 2 6045 clips break on me. Last time i spoke with Roger he said they were coming out with a new design to strengthen the "c" clips

shawnz28
11/23/2007, 08:29 PM
Mike do you know if this was one you got from me as a replacement very recently, at least I think you may have gotten one or two in the past couple weeks? The older ones were known to break this way at times, I have not heard of any new ones with the new plastic breaking this way though. If I did give you this recently I wonder if I had an old version replacement and gave you that by chance

rvitko
11/24/2007, 05:15 PM
I have not yet heard of the new version breaking so I have to assume these are older ones. If you PM me your info and number you need I can send them and Salty Critter may also have some of the new ones in stock. New ones can be spotted as the tabs have a sort of tear drop behind them and the plastic is duller and feels heavier.

MJAnderson
11/25/2007, 03:11 PM
Shawn/Roger ---

Shawn had given me 2 replacements for my 6055s (i got mine from the very first batch). Roger you sent me two a few weeks back to replace one with broken tabs from the more recently purchased 6025s. I honestly don't know know which one this was. I know the one I broke while cleaning was an older one. I can let you know when I get a replacement since I have the broken one rubberbanded on. I assume Shawn gave me the older ones to replace the 2 6055 broken ones since I've had them for such a long time.

I think I just two, as that will ensure that all 4 brackets are the new ones. Any breaks after that and I'll assume it's my fault. I can pick them up at SC on my weekly trip to Mecca. =)