PDA

View Full Version : Nudi ID

shelbiesdaddy
11/23/2007, 01:29 PM
Found this wandering around on the glass. Is it good or bad? :confused:

http://www.drivehq.com/web/jshrout/images/pest.jpg

It is hard to tell from the picture but it is a bright green.

Underwaterparadise
11/23/2007, 01:41 PM
BAD!!! Zoa eating Nudi. It is green as that is the color of zoa's it has been eating on.

Dip all your Zoa's in FW and iodine for 5 min. and QT them. Make sure the FW is at the correct temp and PH

shelbiesdaddy
11/23/2007, 06:19 PM
that is what I was afraid of.

Twisted
11/24/2007, 02:01 PM
I found one of these in my tank a long time ago, and it was bright orange, like Rob said, it was the Bright orange zoas he was eating on.
I noticed he was only on that colony I bought, and had a nest there little white eggs at the base of the zoas.

I didn't know much about how to get rid of them, so read up and found someone saying to give them a freshwater dip, so I used a toothpick to get the eggs off, then filled a bag with , YES!, tap water, threw in the colony of zoas and shook that bag as hard as I could severl times for about 15 minutes.
Then I took the colony out and swished it around in a bucket of saltwater for a few more minutes, then with it all closed up due to the aggrevation I inspected it as best I could for eggs and nudis....

Never saw one again.

Underwaterparadise
11/25/2007, 03:40 PM
If you do a FW dip make sure you adjust the PH of the FW and only dip for 5 min. at the longest. The PH shock can be just as bad as the nudi's them self.