View Full Version : New firmware & ProfiLuxControl 3.06

Matthias Gross
11/24/2007, 05:47 AM
Here it is:

The newest firmware 3.06 (beta) can be downloaded here:
http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquaristik/Download/AllProfiLuxII_V306.zip

ProfiLuxControl II 3.0.6.0 here:
http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquaristik/Download/ProfiLuxControlII_V3060.exe

Warning: These are beta-versions at the moment, it is not impossible that there may be bugs in the software.

Before updating you should save your settings and sensordata, these files can be downloaded to ProfiLux after the update!

What's new?

1. support for the new cards PLM-4L (4x 1-10V-interfaces) and PLM-pH-Redox (combo for pH and redox measurement)

2. Complete new programmed current control! Up to 4 pumps can be controlled (or more if you control some pumps simultaneously). New modes: surge, sequence, random in several variants.
Increase of pump power while thunderstorm; 2 pump groups can be operated independently; all pumps can be programmed individually; monitoring of the pump power in ProfiLuxControl,........
->just download and test it!

3. Some other small improvements

Have fun while testing the new features!

Your feedback is appreciated!

Creetin
11/24/2007, 05:57 AM
I will be trying out this! This sounds great!!!

AQD_ottawa
11/24/2007, 09:08 AM
This is what so many people have been waiting for, and again pushes GHL way beyond any other controller on the market.!

Please everyone who tries this over the weekend your constructive comments are very welcome. This is a strong community and GHL are building this great system based on many users requirments and we will continue to listen!

Many thanks for all your fantastic support and we look forward to providing even greater features in the year ahead!

I can imagine many Tidal waves this weekend in the reef tank world

:p

Creetin
11/24/2007, 09:19 AM
Wave features look great! One prob i am having is the dosing pump now wants to stay on all the time. Its the same config i had on firmware 3.04
Its plugged to a live outlet and the pumps stay on. I have the dosing set same as before.

Creetin
11/24/2007, 09:20 AM
PS i pulled all the cables off the unit but the dosing pumps to set them. Still the same thing.

Creetin
11/24/2007, 09:37 AM
Nevermind, You have to make sure the power is on to the doser when ya config the number settings so the doser will run till the number is set. Got all now.

AQD_ottawa
11/24/2007, 09:50 AM
This is correct, as you are programming the doser so you need live power.

Matthias Gross
11/24/2007, 10:53 AM
A hint how to discover the new current modes:

- set count of pumps in group 1 to 4 (we refer only to group 1 in the next steps)
- set a short duration (for example min and max duration = 10s; the min and max duration settings are not in all modes visible)
- set wave duration to 3s
- now choose the different modes and watch the state of each pump in the table
(don't forget to press "Save" after changing a setting)

elzool
11/24/2007, 03:06 PM
Two oddities with my upgrade when upgrading oven LAN connection.

The unit lost all settings and was reset back to German on the Display.

Neither was a big problem, I simply connected via RS 232 and uploaded my saved settings, but that was the first time that has ever happened to me, but this is the first upgrade I've done with a LAN connection. Is this normal for LAN or just a fluke?

Really loving the new pump settings so far. Now I just need two more controllable Tunzes... 6201s perhaps? :)

Thanks Matthias!

Creetin
11/24/2007, 09:06 PM
I ad that prob too since the doser set up. :) I just didnt have it backed u. :( lol

Matthias i cannot get outlets 4 and 5 to shut off on the dig bar. They indicate off by looking at the leds on the dig bar. But they are on.
Hmmmm

Matthias Gross
11/25/2007, 02:45 AM
A firmware update always may cause a factory-reset (all settings are set to defaults) because the data organisation in the memory changes during an update.

That's why you always should save your settings and sensor data before an update. I recommended this in the first post here.

Creetin
11/25/2007, 05:39 AM
Yeah i forgot i didnt have it saved. I did at one time but switched computers and did not re save them.

once a marine
11/25/2007, 06:21 AM
So I downloaded this, my program says 3.06 when I open it but I don't see any difference. What am I doing wrong?

Gary

Creetin
11/25/2007, 07:09 AM
The pump section looks the same?

once a marine
11/25/2007, 07:14 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11249600#post11249600 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by once a marine
So I downloaded this, my program says 3.06 when I open it but I don't see any difference. What am I doing wrong?

Gary

Okay I got that part figured out now how do I reload my old settings and sensor data? I saved them to my desktop.

Creetin
11/25/2007, 07:53 AM
On the upper left in the waxct same place you clicked save setting there should be a computer to profilux button.

once a marine
11/25/2007, 08:15 AM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l102/garyebrown/the162f0061.gif

Thanks so much! Now to go play!

Creetin
11/25/2007, 08:41 AM
You're welcome, Now I really have to proof read what I type. LOL
waxct= exact somehow, :)

Creetin
11/25/2007, 12:43 PM
Figured out my prob, Started # at 10 solved my problems.
All work well now. I dunno why 9 has to be a dead space in the socket outlet functions, But for me it does.
Other than that working great!

sole_uk
11/25/2007, 09:38 PM
Managed to connect my wavebox and 2 streams (still another to add and test tomorrow)

Couple of questions, How do you assign certain pumps to the groups?

Is for example run 3 streams in group 1 for 6 hours, and then all off and just the single pump in group 2 on for 6 hours (this is my ideal setup and was running similar from Tunze controller, to simulate high and low tide)

Is the above possible with current options? can''t seem able to have timed switch from 1 group to another.

Works well with wavebox, although this was possible before, I am currently working with waves short 2.7 s for a 4ft tank

Matthias Gross
11/26/2007, 02:04 AM
The setting "count of pumps in group x" defines which pumps belong to the group.

You don't need to switch from one to group to another. Everything for the streams can be controlled by one group ->
your setting must be:
- count of pumps in group 1 = 2 (pump 1 and pump 2 belong to group 1 now)
- mode = Sequence 1
- Min duration 0 = 6h, Max duration = 6h
- Wave sinus, duration = what you want
Now pump 1 and pump 2 toggle activity all 6h. Assign your 3 streams to pump 1 and the fourth stream to pump 2.

For the wavebox you can use group 2:
- count of pumps in group 2 = 1 (pump 3 belongs then to group 2)
- mode = permanent
- waves right angled short, duration = 2.7s
Assign wavebox to pump 3

Pump 4 doesn't belong to any group in this configuration and is without function.

sole_uk
11/26/2007, 05:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11255558#post11255558 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Matthias Gross
The setting "count of pumps in group x" defines which pumps belong to the group.

You don't need to switch from one to group to another. Everything for the streams can be controlled by one group ->
your setting must be:
- count of pumps in group 1 = 2 (pump 1 and pump 2 belong to group 1 now)
- mode = Sequence 1
- Min duration 0 = 6h, Max duration = 6h
- Wave sinus, duration = what you want
Now pump 1 and pump 2 toggle activity all 6h. Assign your 3 streams to pump 1 and the fourth stream to pump 2.

For the wavebox you can use group 2:
- count of pumps in group 2 = 1 (pump 3 belongs then to group 2)
- mode = permanent
- waves right angled short, duration = 2.7s
Assign wavebox to pump 3

Pump 4 doesn't belong to any group in this configuration and is without function.

Ahh many thanks, I will give that a try today. I tried something similar but had sequence1 on both groups (was late, my only excuse!!)

If time allows today will try above example and then try with the additional stream in group 1.

I love the option now available for the thunderstorm settings, excellent work.

sole_uk
11/26/2007, 06:31 AM
Had to reverse the example above and have wavebox in group 1 and streams in other, otherwise group 1 would randomly pick up group 2.

Even reversed seems to lose sync after about 5 mins (to test had sequence on 2 min cycle) worked great but then wavebox ended up in the stream group!!!.

Going to email my settings incase (most likely) I have misconfigured.

Matthias Gross
11/26/2007, 06:53 AM
I checked your settings and wondered why you use "random" as mode and why you have 3 pumps instead of 2 pumps in group 1.

I think its the best first to complete the new manual, maybe after that settings are clearer.

The link for the new manual will be posted soon.

sole_uk
11/26/2007, 07:02 AM
Think the random option I was just playing (you must having logged into my unit?)

Can a group only have max 2 pumps then?

Just amended settings on unit to show each group 2 pumps, group 1 sequence 1 (2 mins test)

Group 2 permanent, 2.7 short wav

With above config, have 3 pumps going at same time??

I am a little confused!! :)

sole_uk
11/26/2007, 09:50 AM
Still seem unable to have only 1 group of pumps on at any one time, tried all available options i think.

Seems a little hit and miss about how to lock certain pumps into a specific group, they seem to wander into the other?

Great options now on the streams alone though some really manic wave formations possible. I am even considering selling my wavebox because of this (and at this stage unable to work out how to solely have wavebox on)

I'll get my head round the manual when is ready to answer my queries.

elzool
11/26/2007, 09:57 AM
Is it possible to define Group 1 or 2 to say L1/L2 or L3/L4 and then possibly even further define it by Tunze cable right or left?

That way you would know exactly which pump/wavebox was in which Group.

*edit* Or I could be patient and wait for the documentation. :D *edit*

sole_uk
11/26/2007, 10:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11256540#post11256540 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by elzool
Is it possible to define Group 1 or 2 to say L1/L2 or L3/L4 and then possibly even further define it by Tunze cable right or left?

That way you would know exactly which pump/wavebox was in which Group.

*edit* Or I could be patient and wait for the documentation. :D *edit*

Not that I have seen, in the 1-10v section you can assign L1/2 sockets etc to control pumps 1-4, but I see no way of locking say pump 1,2,3 into group 1 and 4 into group 2. The sequence options I have tried, examples by Matthias seem quite random in their choice of pumps even when min & max settings are set for 1 group.

I am sure all will be answered when the docs arrive

elzool
11/26/2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly and combined two thoughts into one statement.

What I meant was that in a *future release* it would be nice to have full control, maybe it would be possible to define Group 1 or 2 to say L1/L2 or L3/L4 and then possibly even further define it by Tunze cable right or left.

Sorry for the confusion.

Matthias Gross
11/26/2007, 11:30 AM
The doc is ready now - in German. Now i have to struggle with the translation.

But i want make some things clear before releasing the manual:

- Each of both groups can have 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 pumps.
If group 1 has 3 pumps then the pumps 1, 2 and 3 belong to this group; pump 4 belongs to group 2. You can't change the assignment of pumps to groups. First the pumps are assigned to group 1, then the remaining pumps belong to group 2.
- the assignment of physical connection (the control wire to the pump) is made in the 1-10V-interfaces-settings. For example you can define that pump 3 is connected to L7
- That a Tunze-cable reacts on L1 or L2 is defined by the cable-type (Profilux-Tunze 1 or ProfiLux-Tunze 2).
- if you want that several pumps react on L1 you have to use several Tunze1-cables, all connected on one port

sole_uk: I think your problem is the wiring. You need 3 Tunze1-cables and 1 Tunze2-cable, all has to be connected via splitters on the same port (for example L1L2). Then the 3 pumps would react on L1 (synchrously) and the single pump on L2. In this case you must select "current pump 1" for L1 and "current pump 2" for L2 in the 1-10V-settings. And your group 1 has a pump count of 2.

Matthias Gross
11/26/2007, 12:03 PM
.. if someone wants to read the manual in German:
http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquaristik/Download/BDA_ProfiLuxII_V306.pdf

Fishie Nut
11/26/2007, 03:56 PM
3.06 is in and working okay.

I noticed when I installed the new firmware, the Alarm light kept blinking. I tried turning all my alarms off, still blinking. I unplugged the Profilux unit for a few seconds, plugged it back in; it reset and the alarm was off.

Just an observation.

Matthias Gross
11/27/2007, 05:14 AM
new ProfiLuxControl II 3.0.6.1 released some minutes ago:
http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquaristik/Download/ProfiLuxControlII_V3061.exe

The program displays now which pumps belong to a group.

Matthias Gross
11/27/2007, 10:36 AM
and here is the manual 3.06 (draft):

http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquaristik/Download/Manual_ProfiLuxII_V306.pdf

Please read the new chapter 3.16.11 Current.

I hope i could make clear how the current controller works.

himat
11/27/2007, 03:35 PM
hi
i have loaded this new firmware just what ive been waiting for .
thanks to Matthias Gross

can some put me right about the feeding pause as my tunze streams dont seem to turn off durring feeding pause
i have the shut off filter ticked in the pumps menu.

thanks
Himat

AQD_ottawa
11/27/2007, 03:43 PM
Please read 3.16.10 of the user manual, this explains each feature.

Then make sure you have edited the pump setting to the correct statement, press save then load

himat
11/27/2007, 04:20 PM
thanks AQD_ottawa

sort out now chears

Matthias Gross
11/30/2007, 10:50 AM
new ProfiLuxControl II Version 3.0.6.2 available:
http://www.ghl-kl.de/Produkte/Aquaristik/Download/ProfiLuxControlII_V3062.exe

New features:
- Temperature settings and values in Fahrenheit
- Conductivity displayed in all units

once a marine
11/30/2007, 03:58 PM
Thank you! I live in Canada but grew up with imperial and still figure things out in F

.:beer:

AQD_ottawa
11/30/2007, 04:41 PM
Try coming from the UK where roads speed is in MPH and the price of fuel is in Litres! but your fuel consumption is worked out in gallons! UK Gallons!

BigBadBlenny
12/01/2007, 10:44 AM
my unit has the 3.03 or whatever it came with still. can i just upgrade to the newest one or do i have to go in stages through all the upgrades?

AQD_ottawa
12/01/2007, 11:07 AM
You can do it in one go but you must download the matching pc control software first.

if you are unsure of the way to update the Fware please email me

once a marine
12/02/2007, 07:30 PM
Can the PH be taken to 1/100th? 8.11 is quite different from 8.19 for example. Pinpoint has that and I miss it.
Thanks

Matthias Gross
12/03/2007, 12:55 AM
Yes we could show this. But in my opinion it does not make any sense. A display with 1/100 accuracy would implicate that the reading would more accurate than it is. The pH-electrode can never be so accurate.
The second digit could be displayed but the tolerances are higher than 0.01.

once a marine
12/03/2007, 06:54 AM
I don't think 0.01 is very far off, right now we could be 0.09 away from the actual reading. How much more than 0.01 would the tolerance be?

Matthias Gross
12/03/2007, 09:21 AM
You could only be 0.05 away because it is rounded.
The tolerance depends on many things, for example age and quality of probe or age and cleanness of the calibration fluid.
I think the tolerance is between 0.02 and 0.08. But is this really relevant?