PDA

View Full Version : 6101 Humming

foltzcd
11/25/2007, 12:54 PM
I have 2 6101's on a multicontroller. Both are mounted in the decorative rock. One is almost silent, the other hums when run at low speed. I checked to make sure the pump was not in contact with any of the base live rock.

Any ideas?

rvitko
11/26/2007, 12:07 PM
I would take out the bearing bush, part 3000.62 in your manual. Rotate it 180 degrees and reinsert it. Make sure it is in all the way.

houser
11/27/2007, 12:41 PM
Any other ideas? I posted similar troubles a very long time ago and despite the rotational trick and full inspection, etc... I never got either of my 2 to stop humming. Perhaps a tiny bit better (by ear) but nowhere near as quiet as I've heard them on other tanks. They exhibited this problem right from the box.

Too loud to use, so I didn't use them inside the house - just used them for a few weeks in the garage. I bought them to use in the house however...

rvitko
11/27/2007, 02:59 PM
Noise problems are the most difficult to resolve because so much depends on subjective sensitivity as well as installation, new pumps are always louder than those which have been run for a few weeks. If you wanted to send me one I could try to find a solution but I would need as much info as you can provide on how it is installed and where to try to duplicate the issue.