PDA

View Full Version : Odyssea PS75 protein skimmer water level

masonicman
11/27/2007, 06:53 PM
Odyssea PS75 users. Where do you keep your water level? If you read the direction like I did. They suck!!!!!!

Also do you open the air valve all the way for maximun bubbles in the chamber?

frungkis
11/27/2007, 07:15 PM
I believe that is the skimmer I have. I know its an odyssea. I keep the valve open all the way. Its the only way I can get tons of bubbles. When I remove the collection cup during cleaning, I adjust the water level till the bubbles come right up to the top. After I put the cup back on, I turn the adjuster more until I just start to see the bubbles at the bottom of the neck. This makes the skimmate a little on the wet side but it is still dark in color. It works for me any way because I tend to feed on the heavy side. Hope that helps some.

Coffman34
11/27/2007, 07:17 PM
I dunno about the Odyssea. But I have a Pacific Coast 350 and I have noticed to get any kind of skimmate production the pump has to be within 1" of the water line. I dunno if the pumps on the Odyssea are direct fed or if the pump hangs on the side.

masonicman
11/27/2007, 07:21 PM
Is green or brown skimmate? When I was feed heavily it would be a brownish color, but now that I cut back to one feeding a day it a greenish color.

frungkis
11/27/2007, 07:30 PM
It is a very dark color between green and brown but if I had to pick one, I would lean more towards green.

masonicman
11/28/2007, 01:33 PM
Any more users, water levels?

Kevinshoemake3
11/28/2007, 10:26 PM
hey, sorry I'm a little late again... When you ask about the water level are you referring to how deep the unit is in the water, or how high the bubbles are in the chamber? I'm running the unit on the back. One tip I found out tonight is to keep the output filter clean. After I replied to the other post about owning one, mine started acting up. It was simply a clogged filter though. I am going to start washing mine weekly! I try to keep my bubbles right at the point where the chamber narrows. I am not really sure if this is the correct way to do it, however, I am getting some pretty decent skimate out of the unit (well, maybe not good to some peoples standards).

What is your strategy? How high are you running your water? I just cleaned my filter and chamber tonight, I can post some pics of what I get in about 24hrs tomorrow night.

masonicman
11/29/2007, 08:25 AM
I run mine with the water level right before it would over flow if the colection cup was not on the unit. I clean my return sponge quite often also. Do you run your system with the air intake valve all the way open? If so is yours noisy.

Also notice that you said you were cleaning the chamber. It's not good to clean the chamber. The chamber works better when there is some slime or build up around the walls. Other wise you will get alot of micro bubbles until the unit break in again. Almost just like starting the unit up from the begining.

Kevinshoemake3
11/29/2007, 08:47 AM
good info thanks!

I do not run mine with the air valve all the way open. I'm not sure how to describe where exactly mine is set. My skimmer is a bit noisy too, but it's not too unbearable.

masonicman
11/30/2007, 05:48 AM
Thanks Kevin, I closed mine some what and it is actually making skimate faster. I wish this skimmer came with better directions