PDA

View Full Version : Lost Shrooms down in reef.

Amberjack69
11/27/2007, 07:33 PM
I just rearainged my small 55g reef. About 50 lbs live rock in the center. Got it where I wanted it. While placing some small green shroom frags just obtained from LFS, two of them fell down deep in the structure. Are they lost forever, or will they be able to peep out on their own without me having to dismantle the reef? Any help out there?

bristle
11/27/2007, 10:59 PM
I don't know, but a few loose zoo polyps did that to me today as well.

bigB
11/28/2007, 07:00 AM
sometimes i wave a powerhead around and the blow out but have to be careful not to stir up sand.

kawicivic
11/28/2007, 07:56 AM
I have lost shrooms and zoos.... I have found about half of what i lost. Shrooms are tough to attach and can easily get blown off in a high flow tank. The time I found zoos a powerhead had sucked them up... and they had grown a new head while being lost! :)

AndyH5512
11/28/2007, 01:05 PM
I wish I had a dime for each time that has happened to me. I have noticed that shrooms usually end up attaching themselves to whatever they can, and ultimately surviving.

darkcirca
11/28/2007, 03:56 PM
Every mushroom I've lost turns up, somewhere. They tend to attach in shadier areas anyway, and just grow. I have a few just randomly here and there, same as some zoo's as well. They just grow in the most random spots.

Amberjack69
11/29/2007, 01:50 PM
Hey Everyone, Thanks for the info about my lost shrooms. I don't feel so bad about losing them since it's happened to alot of us. wish I spent that money on somehthing else. I hope they do eventually turn up. Aagin thanks everybody.

shrinky
11/29/2007, 02:49 PM
I'm pretty sure you'll find them... i've had shrooms blow around unattached to anything for weeks on end, only go disappear, and reappear, healthy as ever.

MikeCentore
12/01/2007, 05:55 PM
I've lost mushrooms only to find them a week later attached and starting a new colony.

Kung
12/14/2007, 08:29 AM
I just went through this with some that my FIL gave me. His tank crashed (anemone died and all heck broke loose) on the same day he received an order of corals. I took them all to keep alive. I lost every one of his zoos. Fortunately, they are slowly re-emerging.

killagoby
12/14/2007, 08:37 AM
They are like a cancer. They are bound to pop up somewhere. You might hve to give it a year, but those things could live in the dark if they had to. They will eventually poke out to get some light.