PDA

View Full Version : Frag Rack Question

rj ripetide
11/27/2007, 08:19 PM
Does anybody have any good ideas on how to build frag racks out of egg crate? Designs ? Glue? How to?
Thanks

magnoliarichj
11/27/2007, 10:21 PM
check out coral maternity in portgual page 11 in the prop forum.

edwar050
11/27/2007, 11:44 PM
If you happen to have an old mag float and want a smaller rack then you could always cut out the egg crate and super glue it on. I am going to make one soon thats painted black and the magfloat that has some DIY Rock to look like an overhang~

flyyyguy
11/28/2007, 01:39 AM
if you are talking about a frag rack in the main display...hanging frag rack off the wall kind of sucks if you are trying to keep sps frags anyway. Its impossible to get good lighting to the entire coral even with good reflectors

What I do is riddle my rock with 1/8 inch holes in places that DO get good light.(I.E. the entire reef) then i supeer glue little plastic posts to frag polugs or little pieces of rock and simply stick the frag plugs in these holes. walla, no ugly eggcrate in your tank and better conditions to raise your frags you intend on selling.

I also hang many of my corals in the tank this way...easier to take out and frag and you can utilize every visible piece of rock at every angle int he tank

just pull one rock out of your reef and try this.....you will never use eggcrate in your display again

rj ripetide
11/28/2007, 09:50 PM
I am looking to hang one in my main tank for now and in my fuge tank also till I can get a frag tank set up...but have other things that need to be done first....Other ideas anyone???

Good idea flyyyguy but I really don't have room for that right now,too many LPS that sting everything around.

I like the mag float idea edwar050 that sounds good for a smaller rack.

magnoliarichj...I could not find the thread you were referring to.

Daemonfly
12/01/2007, 11:41 PM
Eggcrate + side cutters + weld-on #16 = easy frag racks.