PDA

View Full Version : My first 2 fish!!!

SWINGRRRR
11/28/2007, 03:16 PM
I went yesterday to the LFS and had them check my water. They said everything looks great. Today I went and purchased a Canary Blenny and a Green Chromis.

There is a Bi-Color Foxface I am looking at, at another shop. Ill have some pics in a bit.

Should be able to do Corals around Christmas.

ssavader
11/28/2007, 10:23 PM
Unfortunately, the Canary (Fang) Blenny requires an established tank with essentially unlimited pods that it can hunt, so this fish is best for tanks with refugiums that have been up and running for 9-12 months. Yours may do ok if you can feed meaty foods in small quantities multiple times per day.

Danny07204
11/29/2007, 06:58 AM
Foxface are great. For some reason my foxface loves monti caps and digis.

SWINGRRRR
11/29/2007, 09:31 AM
I am seeing that now in the Blenny. I am an idiot and its completely my fault. I still have him in the QT tank. I dont know if I should return him, or try to get him to eat. Last night he was sticking to the glass, and turning dark color. This morning, he seems fine. Bright and I have caught him swimming around.

craiglanda
11/29/2007, 11:10 AM
Aside from what was said about the blenny...Green chromis are schooling fish and you may want to add another 2. I find that they do better in groups of odd numbers. (3,5,7 ect..)