PDA

View Full Version : Panworld Pxx50 Problem...

ThaNgBOm321
11/28/2007, 08:50 PM
HELLO.. i dont recall exactly where i bought my panworld pump from but im purdy sure it was from you guys ( i cant find the receipt or any trace of where i bought it from.. i even log on into my online account in your online storefront to search for a shipping bill or anything but dint find it) .. anyhow.. last night i fell asleep on the couch after a long day at school and woke upp at 1:30 am to loud sucking noise... my return pump ( pxx 50) stoped working and my puwerheads where only partially submerged and make the sucking noise... so i took the pump apart to see whats wrong.. the the impellar was kinda sluging.. it had some build-up.. ( but not hard calk like.. it was soft and thick like a dirty skimmer neck) so i took it to the sink and cleaned it as best i could.. put it back together.. primed the pump and pluged it in.. the motor itself spin but it impellar dont.. like it was still stuck.. so i tool it apart again and now soaking it in 50% vinegar/rodi..... what can be the prblem?? when i plug the pump on w/o the impellar housing, i can see that the motor is running cuzz the magnet do in fact spin... im puzzled as to why it's so 'jamed' like ( the impellar) the pump is only a few months old...

any help or ideas???
YzGyz

ThaNgBOm321
11/28/2007, 09:40 PM
i just took another look at the impellar assembly... is the shaft suppose to be permanatly attached to the impelalr??? cull it sure seem like it.. the impellar is really snug and tight ( i can still spin it with my hand but i have to use force.. i would think it should spin freely) here's a few pic.....

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd107/Thangbom321/panimpellar.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd107/Thangbom321/panimpellar2.jpg

YzGyz

jasonfrey
11/29/2007, 01:40 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the PanWorld problem. Rarely see issues with those. The white shaft should be easliy removed from the impeller, so it sounds like it might of overheated. I've seen some other brands overheat and fuse the shaft and impeller together and doesn't seem to take much to make it not work, because they need to be pretty close to perfect to spin.

I would go ahead and soak it 12-24 hours in the Vinegar and see if that helps. If not, probably will need a new impeller.

If you email us at sales@premiumaquatics.com your full name you ordered, we can look up and see if we can find an order. It might still be under manufacture warranty. If not, we do stock impellers for them.