PDA

View Full Version : HELP : diy weir

new_world_disor
11/29/2007, 07:30 AM
i just got my new tank today. and ive got the hole cutter all sorted out ( a mates doing it for me ) i just wanted to know if anyone has links to DIY weirs. as i cant seem to find the drain pipes or anything on the net here in the UK. im drilling the bottom of the tank in the corners ( either end )

thanx

ad

RandyStacyE
11/29/2007, 11:33 AM
Just be sure that the pane of glass you drill is NOT tempered glass.

Check out http://www.dursostandpipes.com/

new_world_disor
11/29/2007, 05:51 PM
how can i find out if its tempered.. other than drilling it . haha

ReefSparky
11/29/2007, 09:29 PM
I've seen this question a bit and I haven't yet seen a definitive answer. Not to spread heresay and gossip, but I've heard some shady speak of tempered glass having a certain "ring to it" when it's tapped or somesuch, and have also heard something about determining it with 2 pairs of polarized glasses. Next thing we'll be reading about the eating habits of the Loch Ness monster or Sasquatch. But I digress. .

I'm assuming there's not a sticker on the bottom that says it's tempered. Perhaps contact the manufacturer and ask if that particular build comes with tempered bottoms standard.

aaronpentz
11/29/2007, 11:02 PM
Buy a pair of polarized sunglasses and go look at you cars windows. You should see spot on the glass if you look at certain angles. Once you see what you are looking for then try to find it while looking at your tank.

new_world_disor
11/30/2007, 03:00 PM
cheers guys :)