PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Nanostream 6025

georgec
11/29/2007, 10:40 PM
Hi,

Looking for some help. I have a new, in the box nanostream 6025 that I purchased earlier in the fall. I have a problem with the front half of the pump. It doesn't clip on securely to the main/back half of the pump. You can press them together, but they keep coming apart. I had actually noticed this when I first purchased, but things got busy and I just am getting around to it again.

Is this a know issue? The housing doesn't look all that durable.

Thanks!

j_electric
11/29/2007, 11:25 PM
I too am having the same problem with the front basket on my two 6045's. Any advice is appreciated

joe

Taavi Päll
11/30/2007, 02:02 AM
I used 2 cable ties to fasten propeller housing to motorblock if it started to fall off, importantly it also reduced noise. Cable ties are easily replaceable if pump needs cleaning etc. Finally, I also used cable ties to secure motorblock to magnetholder if clamps were broken.

rvitko
11/30/2007, 10:07 AM
The strength of the hold of the front cover can be adjusted to suit you. First, a bad fit is usually caused by the cage being compressed into an oval, this can happen in shipping or due to the holder clamps rigidity. Look from the back, if it is oval, squeeze it back into round. They are very flexible and you can squeeze them back into shape. To adjust the strength of the hold there are 3-4 locking tabs depending on the model 4 small ones on 6025, 3 large ones on 6045. Push outward on the tabs to get a stronger hold. If this does not solve it I can get you a replacement.

georgec
11/30/2007, 08:09 PM
thanks for the info. I'll try adjusting the tabs and look at the shape. I'd prefer not to have to go to the cable tie route.

j_electric
12/01/2007, 01:31 AM
thank you roger tunze suppport is second to none

joe

Buddyboy
12/01/2007, 11:08 AM
Hey Guys,

I had the EXACT same problem as you! I think you may have gotten a front basket intended for the older nanostream with the flat cord. In any case, I found that the problem was with the size of the hole that the round cord comes out. It just wasn't deep enough. Just use a dremel and a drum sander bit to make the hole a bit deeper. Worked for me!

Good luck! :)

jefathome
12/01/2007, 11:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11292504#post11292504 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Buddyboy
Hey Guys,

I had the EXACT same problem as you! I think you may have gotten a front basket intended for the older nanostream with the flat cord. In any case, I found that the problem was with the size of the hole that the round cord comes out. It just wasn't deep enough. Just use a dremel and a drum sander bit to make the hole a bit deeper. Worked for me!

Good luck! :)

Yup, I did the same with a new one I got about a week ago. In the end I just zip-tied it though. If you use real small ones, it isn't a big deal. To me at least....

Buddyboy
12/01/2007, 01:01 PM
Seems a shame to have to zip-tie such a nice looking powerhead! I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

georgec
12/08/2007, 09:47 AM
Roger, I tried reshaping the basket as well as working the tabs. They don't seem to stick out enough to manipulate. Could I take you up on the replacement offer?

rvitko
12/10/2007, 10:18 AM
Yes, just PM me your address.