PDA

View Full Version : Fish seems stressed and swimming odd/on side

KurtsReef
11/30/2007, 06:20 PM
My 3 1/2 - 4" Naso tang has been doing very well for the 6 weeks or so I have owned it. Swimming great, eating well, getting along with the tank mates.

Today he has remained in a dark coloration which he will change to from time to time like just before feedings on normal days but he has remained that darker color most of today.

He is also swimming oddly, still pecking at algae on live rock but seems to be swimming on his side a bit from time to time and doing many jerkier type movements rather than a fluid looking swimming motion.

Water parameters are all fine, all other fish in the tank are doing well.

Tank mates include: Foxface, Yellow Tang, Hippo Tang, (4) Barletts anthias, leopard wrasse, female scotts fairy wrasse, blue flasher fairy wrasse, dragon goby, (6) yellow clown gobies, (2) True and (2) False percula. Tank is a 225g, there is plenty of room for them all to swim and the only the only aggression in the tank recently was between the anthias and newly added blue flasher.

Not familiar with too many fish illnesses, there are no spots or markings on the naso. Other than the darker coloration and odd swimming behavior it appears fine. Are there other symptoms of a specific disease I should be looking for?