PDA

View Full Version : Need equipment list for 265 gal FOWLR

Fly 75
12/01/2007, 09:28 AM
I am looking for equipment ideas for a new 265 gal tank. I will use 3 175w halides for the lighting. I use a euro reef skimmer on my 75g reef and have been happy with it but am open for suggestions on another brand or what euro reef size? Looking for what return pumps (considering 2 little giants), sump, uv sterilizer, power heads (like koralia right now), auto top-off, new rodi system for both tanks, and anything else I may be missing.

Fly 75
12/01/2007, 10:08 PM
OK, here is what I have so far. Tell me what you think. custom acrylics wet dry (up to 400 gal) sump, euro reef RS 250 skimmer, gamma 40 watt UV sterilizer, pan america (or pan world) 1750 GPH return pump, 3 koralia power heads (1200 gph). I plan to start working on the plumbing soon. I want to add a auto top off and buy a decent RODI system. Still looking for opinions and advice...

CruzinKim
12/01/2007, 10:57 PM
On the skimmer, I would suggest the ATi Bubblemaster 250, it will do a little better than the ER RS250. You want to give yourself a little space on capacity to handle heavier bioload and feedings (for tangs, anthias, angelfishes, triggers) if you so choose to.

On lighting, you really don't need MH for fish only tank, why not just go with some good T5 fixtures or retrofits. I would go with 4x Koralia 4s on a 265g display tank. Just my 2 cents.

Fly 75
12/02/2007, 11:44 AM
I've never heard of that skimmer name brand but will do some research. I was not concinced the skimmer could handle a heavy bioload but the guys at the fish store said it would (still not convinced 100%). I allready have the metal halides and really like the look of them. Was also allready thinking of 1 more koralia 4. Thanks for the help