PDA

View Full Version : ACjr turnning lightd on/off

pangea
12/01/2007, 10:36 AM
Run says lights are off, but they are on. ACjr will turn them on and off, sometimes for short time others a long period.

same curcuit
cheap power strip
?????????

clp
12/01/2007, 01:14 PM
Are you using X10? If so check the following:

- Make sure that the control interface is plugged into the AquaController with a 4 conductor telephone cord. The light should blink off when commands are sent out, but otherwise will be on.
- Make sure that the control modules x10 addresses match the configuration of the AquaController. The default AquaController program is listed in the back of the manual.
- The control interface and control modules should plug into the same circuit. If not, you may need to install a signal bridge.
- Do no use power strips with active surge suppression as they can attenuate the x10 signal. Use inexpensive powerstrips.
- With the AquaController try to turn on and off the control modules. Go to Control & Status -> Manual Control. Select the device you are having trouble with and repeatedly turn it on and off. Note that commands are only sent out when you press the select button.
- If you have added any new equipment to your tank, turn it off, and then repeat the Manual control test.
- Try switching to an unused X10 address on the control module and in the AquaController’s configuration.
- Try swapping the control module with a known good one and see if the problem persists.
- Try power cycling the AquaController. Remove the 9V battery and unplug the AC adapter at the same time.
- If nothing is working try shutting off all appliances around your tank, and then try the manual on/off test. If something is causing X10 interference around your tank, it is likely an electronic ballast. Once the interfering device is found use an X10 noies filter (part # NF5) to isolated from the power in your house.
- To avoid X10 noise problems, use the DC4, DC4HD, DC8 boxes instead. They have hardwired control and are immune to powerline noise.

Curt

pangea
12/01/2007, 02:09 PM
Yes X10

What does this mean in the Modify State and how do I change back?

MAX CHANGE 600 M

I now get the "U" in LT1 RUN mode

clp
12/03/2007, 02:58 PM
Not sure what you are asking about Modify State. The 'U' simply means that no statement has been true for LT1 since the program has been modified or the controller rebooted. My guess is that you have incorrect program statements for that timer. Send an email to support@neptunesys.com with the timer names and program statements.

Curt

ssbreef
12/07/2007, 10:17 PM
I have the SAME prob but i'm using the dc8 box that my controller came with...

wolf pup
12/14/2007, 07:04 AM
same prob as ssbreef - acjr & dc8 - cfl over fuge is all over the place as far as on/off