PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's to the FilterGuys ro/di

rockscuba54
12/01/2007, 01:59 PM
They do good and fast service. Also refund a little of the shipping cost (honest!) I do recomend a booster pump. My waste water rate is about 1 1/2 gal per 1 gal of filter water. My other (cheap ebay) was 4 to 6 gal waster per 1 gal (no boster pump). I got the double ro from them, and I think I will save some on my water bill :-) . Anyway here is my readings...Tds (in 540) (after ro 28) (after di 0) and at 77 lbs going in with the booster pump. Also about a gal of filtered water in 11 minutes.
Also fast respond on a e-mail. I give them a A++

mg426
12/01/2007, 02:18 PM
the filter guys ROCK !!!!

AZDesertRat
12/01/2007, 02:48 PM
Anything less than 3-4 :1 waste ratio will wear your RO membrane out in a hurry. It depends on that flow of fresh water to flush the contaminates away. Manufacturers recommend even more than 4:1 but most of us have found 4:1 to be sufficient.
There is only one low waste system on the market today that does not need 4:1 and that is the new UHE from Spectraure because it uses and entirely different metod of flushing.

28 after RO is not very good, you need to talk to Jim. Higher pressures should increase your efficiency not lower it, you are getting under 95% rejection rate.

rockscuba54
12/01/2007, 04:50 PM
My 1 1/2 gal to 1 gal filter. It's almost like their test results website http://www.thefilterguys.biz/test_results.htm . I guess I'm a little confused. They say it is (Water Saver RO/DI) and so far it is. It has 2 ro filters stacked.

Zestay
12/01/2007, 05:00 PM
the waste water from the first RO membrane feeds the second ro membrane .. hence saving water by giving it a second chance to make the grade ( 0tds )

AZDesertRat
12/01/2007, 05:00 PM
They will fail quicker than a properly flushed membrane guaranteed. You can stack membranes but you run the waste from the first to the second and still use 4:1 waste. You get double the production but no less waste if it is done properly. There has been countless hours of testing done by major vendors and anything less is not wise.

crazywesc
12/01/2007, 05:16 PM
I agree they are a great company. I was wondering if my water contained chloramine or not and they did a check on my cities water quality for me!!!

balto777
12/01/2007, 06:03 PM
I love my unit from The Filter Guys. I think they are a great company.

After reading these boards, I understand AZDesertRat is kind of an expert on RO/DI, but to clarify things for rockscuba54, I have two questions:

First, I think 28tds from RO is great considering it was 540tds going in. Correct me if I am wrong, but that is exactly 95% rejection rate. (Actually it is 001tds off)

Second, If the double RO membrane works the way you are saying, the same amount of waste, but double the production, then wouldn't his numbers for DI to waste waster be good.

For example: First RO - 1 gallon DI and 4 gallons waste / Second DI - 1 gallon DI and 4 gallons waste (The same waste from the first RO). In effect, what is coming out is 2 gallons RO to 4 gallons of waste. This gives a ratio of 1 to 2, not exactly what he said, but close enough. Anyway, how good are we at measuring that stuff accurately.

Again, I reiterize that I do not mean to be argumentative, but I just want to clarify things for everyone. I read a lot of posts from AZDesertRat before I finally bought a RO/DI unit. Thanks.

rockscuba54
12/01/2007, 06:42 PM
I just took a tds reading after 40 plus steady filling (filling a 50 gal can) h2o in 528.... before di 21....after 0. and the waste line was 600. Everything seems to working so far. The Filters Guys are great people. I saw my money was deducted for the Ro/Di on monday, and I had it sitting on my back steps on Wednesday. Thanks for all the feed backs. Got to love ReefCentral :rollface: