PDA

View Full Version : nosickfish products

glitzyone
12/01/2007, 03:24 PM
Has anyone tried nosickfish.com to treat ick. It says it is reef safe and was just wanting to hear from someone who had tried it. Thanks.

olaf
12/04/2007, 07:43 AM
Good luck getting a hold of anyone if you try to contact them.
I have left VMs and emails with no reply or response...
They also have very little info on their product. Maybe it is just "snake oil" and the different products are really just different labels.
If they can't reply to an emails or VMs then why give them any business? :thumbdown
I don't have ick with any fish I just wanted info on a few of their products.
I have had great luck with Neon Gobies and Cleaner Shrimp getting ick and other parasites off of new arrival fish. It is also pretty cool watching the neon goby take a ride on the side of the fish as it swims.

Freed
12/04/2007, 07:48 AM
Is snake oil like olaf has suggested. More have had dismal experiences with it than have had any type of success at all. If you read any "good" experiences about it please understand that those that have used it report that the ich had fallen off the fish within a few days. Please note: That is the exact life cycle of the ich parasite itself. This would tell you that the "medication" is not actually doing anything but the manufacturer also knows this and wants you to believe the "med" is working. Here is some reading for you:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11310509#post11310509

billsreef
12/04/2007, 07:29 PM
I've tried it, it doesn't work. I personally know several people that have tried it also, in all cases it has failed as a treatment for ich.

olaf
12/04/2007, 09:21 PM
I was actually interested in a couple of their (nosickfish) other products like Transit, Fin Rot, & Hole In The Head Disease.
One of my clients has a huge Pacific Blue Tang that was roughed up by a smaller Lunar Wrasse which was removed from the 330-gallon displace aquarium. The damage looks like HTH and Fin Rot but it was the wrasses attacks it has gotten better within a week of the wrasse being gone. The wrasse was about 6" the PBT is 10".
Recently there was another Lunar Wrasse in the tank and one day it just stopped swimming. It would lay on its belly and swim only when food was placed into the tank. other wise it would onnly move if it has to then it would swim the bottom like a snake. The Lunar Wrasse was as big as the PBT (about 10") and it was bluish insted of green. When I removed the larger Lunar Wrasse the smaller one started attacking all the other fish. Killing two of the largest Fusiliers and chasing the yellow tang and biting it until it would bleed. Psycho Wrasse. The older one died about three months larger in my hospital tank. I think it was due to age. Since it just seemed to slow down more each day. No out ward signs of disease. Water quality was perfect.