PDA

View Full Version : Order #3

sprinj76
12/03/2007, 05:54 PM
I love buying from your guys because you do such a great job but I have a question about this order. I know its below freezing outside and gets down into the single digits at night, how are you going to keep my mushrooms warm enough for the trip? I know last time when I bought my tailspot blenny there was a heat pack included in the box, do you just include more heat packs when it gets colder?

I ordered:

112907014 Ricordea florida Mushroom Rock 1

SE-24485 CF - Nano Mushroom 7 Pack

Thanks again,
Jason

dfs/la2
12/03/2007, 06:43 PM
sprinj76,

Thank you for your inquiry and recent order with Live Aquaria. There will be a heat pack included in your order for the Nano mushroom pack and Ricordea mushroom rock.

Our Aquaculture Coral & Marine Life Facility monitors temperatures daily and packs orders accordingly. When the temperature in your area drops below a certain degree, all orders are packed with heat packs to ensure your animals arrive alive and in the best condition possible. Please feel free to contact us upon the arrival of your order if you have any questions or concerns.

Chris C.
Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

sprinj76
12/04/2007, 01:32 PM
Sounds great, I have faith in you guys. If I was concerned about how the corals were going to show up this would not be my third order from you :). Thanks for answering my question, I can't wait to receive them.

sprinj76
12/05/2007, 07:16 PM
I got my order today. Both bags were extremely cold, 50-60 degrees. I was home when the package was delievered and started floating the bags right away. I floated the bags in the aquarium for 45 minutes to allow the mushrooms slowly to adjust.

My concern is 4 of the 7 mush rooms are no longer attached to their rocks, how should I reattach these? Nothing looks all that great but I know they will take a few days to open up.

Looking for LiveAquaria's advice here, please advise.

Thanks,
Jason

dfs/la2
12/05/2007, 07:43 PM
sprinj76,

Thank you for your post. We sincerely apologize for the temperature of your water. Corals detaching can be concerning, however, this can occasionally occur during shipping. We would recommend using any sort of under water glue that is safe for corals to attach them back to their bases. You would also be able to use fishing line, to hold them in place until they reattach to their bases or to your rock. If you could please call at 1-800-334-3699 or PM with your order and/or customer information we will be happy to document your file accordingly.

Michelle L.
Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

sprinj76
12/05/2007, 07:48 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11323093#post11323093 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dfs/la2
sprinj76,

Thank you for your post. We sincerely apologize for the temperature of your water. Corals detaching can be concerning, however, this can occasionally occur during shipping. We would recommend using any sort of under water glue that is safe for corals to attach them back to their bases. You would also be able to use fishing line, to hold them in place until they reattach to their bases or to your rock. If you could please call at 1-800-334-3699 or PM with your order and/or customer information we will be happy to document your file accordingly.

Michelle L.
Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

I just gave you guys a call and talked with Tina. I will do as you suggest and hopefully everything will make it. Thanks for replying so quickly, I will keep you up-to-date on how things go.

I truly appreciate the great customer service you offer, and hope my concerns aren’t coming off as complaining or whining.

Thanks,
Jason

sprinj76
12/05/2007, 08:30 PM
Now that I have acclimated the mushrooms, I started putting them in the tank and got a better look at them:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/sprinj76/DSC03243.jpg

All but 4 of my mushrooms have this long stringy stuff coming out from the center. I don't think this is a good sign. 3 of the mushrooms were so bad I don't want to put them in the tank, they are completely stringy and very mushy.

All said in done it looks like 4/10 mushrooms might make it. Live Aquria please help!

GoingPostal
12/05/2007, 08:54 PM
Looks like bleaching due to stress, they may still make it thru don't toss them quite yet, I've had mushrooms come back from almost anything. Except yumas, I kill those pretty easily, lol.

sprinj76
12/05/2007, 08:57 PM
Pictures of some of the really bad mushrooms:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/sprinj76/DSC03250.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/sprinj76/DSC03251.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee20/sprinj76/DSC03252.jpg

sprinj76
12/05/2007, 09:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11323733#post11323733 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GoingPostal
Looks like bleaching due to stress, they may still make it thru don't toss them quite yet, I've had mushrooms come back from almost anything. Except yumas, I kill those pretty easily, lol.

I haven't tossed them yet, but from the pictures above you can see of bad these are. . . .

dfs/la2
12/05/2007, 09:17 PM
sprinj76,

Thank you for your reply. We sincerely apologize for the condition of your corals. After reviewing the photos that you have posted, we would definitely recommend taking them out of your tank and disposing them as you wish. We do not believe that these corals are going to make it and may cause a stressful environment for the other specimens in your tank. If you could please call us at 1-800-334-3699 or PM us with your order information along with the amount of corals that you have lost we will be happy to compensate you accordingly for your losses.

Michelle L.
Live Aquaria
Drs. Foster and Smith

sprinj76
12/05/2007, 09:58 PM
I just got off the phone with you guys. I was credited for my lost mushrooms and am very happy with how things were handled.

Thanks again for the great customer service, hopefully the rest of my mushrooms pull through.