PDA

View Full Version : When did you go to FedEx Smart Post?

dreaminmel
12/03/2007, 06:18 PM
When did you go to FedEx Smart Post for ground shipping? I received two confirmation emails today with tracking info for that service and know that none of my orders in the past involved Smart Post for ground. Just curious as I found a lot of negative press for Smart Post online today when trying to find out what it was... some even by FedEx employees (at least they claimed to be). I am sure there has got to be a lot of satisfied people too... :)

As Smart Post is different than the standard ground service we all are used to you may want to note that is what's used somewhere in the shipping info. I probably would have paid for the next shipping level up just to avoid problems if I was aware of it...

Also, if I never receive one of the shipments who would I contact? You or Smart Post? I read reports that neither seller (not you), FedEx nor Smart Post were willing to help people who never received their items. They kept getting told to "call the other guy".

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this. I'll continue to order from you for years to come regardless. :D

dfs/la2
12/03/2007, 06:48 PM
Dreaminmel,

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns. We started using Smart Post approximately a year ago for lighter packages that would normally ship United States Postal Service. The reason for the change was so we could track these packages, as orders that ship USPS cannot be tracked once they have left our facility. These orders can also be conveniently tracked on Drs. Foster and Smith website using your order number or tracking number.

Regardless of shipping method, all ground packages are guaranteed to arrive within 7 business days. Please contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns with the arrival of an order.

Chris C.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith

dreaminmel
12/03/2007, 07:26 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I don't form opinions on things until I can say I've had experience with them so at this point will go with the idea that there essentially is no difference.

I am messaging you the weblink that got me concerned so that you are aware of it in case anyone else brings it up. :)