PDA

View Full Version : Tek Light

nemoray
12/03/2007, 08:01 PM
Anyone have an opinion on the Tek Light brand of T-5 lighting fixtures. Considering my options, and these do stand out to me.

ganjero
12/03/2007, 08:53 PM
Try the search feature, there are plenty of threads discussing this.

nemoray
12/03/2007, 08:56 PM
thanks

Logzor
12/03/2007, 09:23 PM
I got a 4x54 tek light and it fit my needs extremely well. I love this light, although it was almost too much for some of my LPS, I had to move them to the bottom of the tank.

If you have mushrooms you will want them out of direct light.

With the metal stands it makes it easy to do top offs and feeding, could not be more pleased with it and the service from reefgeek.

I would have gone with with aquaactintics but it was too much light and sat directly on top, not to mention a bit more expensive.

Reef Sponger
12/04/2007, 02:23 PM
With everyone talking about higher par value this and that. It's all overrated unless you really need the more intense lighting. I have a Teklight on my 90g mixed reef and all the corals just love it. At first, I lost a few mushrooms and they just melted under the T5s, so it is pretty intense lighting. Some LPS got bleached not matter that I took 2 months to slowly acclimate my tank to the new lighting. But once acclimated, everything is doing just great. I personally prefer my Maristar MH/T5 combo though. But the Teklight is one of the nicest looking fixtures made, slim and sleek. The legs are also adjustable, so you can have it 3" to 7" above the tank.