PDA

View Full Version : 250w mh mini pendant ?

LionfishFinatic
12/03/2007, 08:51 PM
My dad and I are having trouble trying to hook it up to the ballast. The diagrams aren't working for us and I just wanted some advice. How do we go about hooking i the reflector ballast? It came with a female receptical and we don't know if we have to cut the cord in order to splice it.

Also, do we have to have a space between the top of the canopy and the outside of the reflector? will it get too hot and burn the canopy? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

here is the link

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/Metal_Halide/IceCap/Deluxe_Systems_(MH_Only)/Mini_Pendant_System_-_250W_14000K+_HQI_Phoenix_by_IceCap

bdossett
12/03/2007, 10:04 PM
I have 4 of the same setup on my tank.

1. You will use the female adapter and connect it to the end of the (Male) connector coming from the reflector. You shouldn't have to cut any of the supplied connectors.

2. Your wires from the female connector will be exposed. Connect the blue & yellow from the ballast to the black and white coming from the female adapter. Don't hook up the green yet.

3. Next connect the back and white from the ballast to the black and white coming from the supplied AC power cord. Don't connect the green yet.

4. Lastly you should be left with remaining green wires which are your ground wires. You can now connect all of the green wires together. It is very important that the ground wires are grounded and connected really good or the bulb want start. It took me a couple of tries to determine what was causing my blubs not to start properly.

Good Luck and Happy Reefing
Brian:D

LionfishFinatic
12/04/2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks a lot!

bdossett- so you think we can connect the reflector straight to the canopy top ? What my dad was thinking was if we could drill holes in the top and connect it through there so the wood would be in contact with the reflector. Would it burn the wood???

purebullet417
12/04/2007, 02:36 PM
put small spacer in between just to be sure. a metal washer ect.