PDA

View Full Version : Modding ASM

Arthur1
12/04/2007, 03:48 PM
I'm modding an ASM skimmer (recirc. mod) and the venturi piece (volute?)is a pain in the @$$ to push into the uniseal and then match up the output. The venturi basically only goes in so far and usually comes out when I'm putting the pump back on. Is there any reason why I can't just use a piece of pvc, tap it and use 1/4'' ro tubing with a valve on the end?

poppin_fresh
12/04/2007, 07:27 PM
extend it with some PVC like this

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/99529asm.jpg

flyyyguy
12/04/2007, 10:48 PM
I found that when i used to have an asm that if i connected the piping all the way to the elbow first and then set/wiggled the elbow onto the pump that it was much easier.

then on the infrequent occasion that i would disconnect the damng thing I could do this out fo the sump where it was easy.

Arthur1
12/05/2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the info. The venturi piece was a pain the the @ss to put into the uniseal so I used the one from asm and soaked it in hot water for two minutes to make it a lot more pliable. Now I have to cut down a 90 degree elbow b/c the return is too short or go seek down a spear's brand one b/c the spears is shorter in height than the one I bought. I tell everyone, Murphey's law has full effect on me lol. Thanks again.