PDA

View Full Version : Depressed... cheer me up with stocking suggestions...

Mastermind
12/04/2007, 09:26 PM
I was just doing a water change on my 35 hex, and something on my desk next to the tank caught my eye. It was my lawnmower blenny; 100% dry. I didn't realize these guys were jumpers, and never thought I'd have a problem because my tank is fairly tall, but my rockwork only comes up about half way. Anyway, after giving Billy (the blenny) a proper burial (in a trash bag), I went on to the refill portion of the water change. As I was filling up the sump, something caught my eye in the refuge; dead sally lightfoot crab. Earlier this week, I also lost a MONSTER of a snail, and tiny hermit... neither of which I put much thought into. The snail got stuck upside down and couldn't right itself, and the hermit outgrew its shell without a replacement handy.

So, now comes the fun part. I'm taking down the 35 hex towards the end of this week, and setting up my new 50 gallon breeder.

My current stocking -
35 Hex:
Ocellaris Clown (with parasite on tail)
Yellow Watchman Goby
GBTA
Asst. Corals (Yellow polyps, Green Star Polyps, Button Polyps, Mushrooms, Rics)
Lawnmower Blenny (deceased)
Sally Lightfoot (deceased)
Blue Damsel (STAYING IN SUMP! LOL)

10G AGA:
Pair of small (1.5") Cinnamon Clowns (Aggressive)
Cleaner Shrimp
Asst. Corals (Shrooms, Clove Polyps, Bubble Coral)
SMALL GBTA, will DEF. be going in 50 for recovery, Cinnamons beat it up.

6.6G Bowfront:
1 Occ. Clown

What would you guys combine into the 50, and what else would you add to it? I'd like to take the 10G down completely, but the Cinnamons are aggressive, and I hate putting my arm in that tank. So, I'm not sure if I want to put them in a tank where I'm going to have my arm frequently.

I honestly don't expect an answer to my rambling... but any insight would be cool :)

ssavader
12/05/2007, 12:11 PM
I can tell you what is in my 25 gallon nano that might give you a start: 2 Percula clowns, 1 Black Cap Basslet, 1 Pajama Cardinal, and 1 Six-line Wrasse. This has been a VERY stable group for almost 2 years, no chasing, no harassing, no grisly deaths. But many threads have expounded on the aggression of Six-lines, so perhaps I was lucky- mine spends all his time cruising the reef instead of being aggressive.