PDA

View Full Version : Purple Neospongodes from Live Aquaria- color?

Chihuahua6
12/05/2007, 08:12 AM
I know some of you have mentioned you had these. I just got one yesterday. It looks healthy but the color is no where near the color they have shown. I only have it under pc lights now but later today I will have my halides and actinics back. To be fair it isn't fully opened up but I still can't picture it coloring up that much. How do all of yours look?

seapug
12/05/2007, 09:07 PM
there are a couple different ones floating around the trade right now. I have one that has a very purple stalk and another that is a bit more grayish colored, but wait until it opens up to judge its true appearance. Liveaquaria is pretty good at shipping what they advertise.

Chihuahua6
12/06/2007, 12:23 AM
The picture on their site has that dark purple stalk. Mine is grayish with a purple tint on the top. It is open now and appears healthy and bigger than I expected. I am just puzzled about the color. Where did you get both of yours?

Chihuahua6
12/06/2007, 12:24 AM
BTW mine still looks the same under halides as well as pure actinics, not very purple.

atzak
12/06/2007, 09:30 AM
got any pics? Seapug, how long have youhad yours?

Chihuahua6
12/08/2007, 06:51 PM
I tried to take pics but it gets blurry if I zoom in. Now that it has settled in it appears healthy and opened up but not purple at all. It's more brown with a slight barely there pink hue.