PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Something Wrong With Tank!

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 01:12 PM
I just added a sump last week so my protein skimmer has been of for two days because i ordered an aquac thats coming in friday. Also my return pump was getting bubbles in it and i woke up and all bubbles in my tank, possibly could have hurt corals. I check my corals yesterday and they looked all messed up. Checked again this mornings till messed up. tested conditions and found a low ph of 7.8 and alkalinity of 6-7 dkh. So i added superbuffer a few hours ago. dkh is now 11-12, waiting for ph to stabilize. What caused my corals to look like this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/DSC00525.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/DSC00524.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/DSC00523.jpg

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 01:15 PM
my snails look dead to they fell off the glass wall, but my fish are fine.

mluz
12/05/2007, 01:20 PM
have you checked the salinity?

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 01:30 PM
yea its ok 1.022

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 01:41 PM
HELP PLEASE???!??!?!?

meco65
12/05/2007, 01:48 PM
How much water did you add, and what was the salinity before the sump was add, if there has been a change in the salinity level it may take some time for every thing in the tank to adjust.

Myrddraal
12/05/2007, 01:49 PM
1.022 is a little low. What are your other parameters at?

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 01:52 PM
Well i didnt check but i had my sump running for over 1 week everything was fine untill yesterday.

jjakes24
12/05/2007, 01:54 PM
It think it was an issue with raising your dKH so fast. I found that I raised my tank dkH from 8 to 9.5 with a 50% water change and lost about 3-4 snails from it. Corals will close up a little but they recovered in an hour or so. I really think snails are extra sensitive to sudden dKH changes in the water.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 01:55 PM
also theres like this hazy white stringy stuff on my corals

jnb
12/05/2007, 01:56 PM
and perhaps the instrument you use to measure salt content - those float arm thingys I never used after three of them side by side measured crazy relative to each other

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 01:57 PM
My corals and snails were thriving 1 1/2 days ago now they look like theyre dead, before i even played around with the dkh

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 02:20 PM
I have no idea what caused this could it have been the dkh and low ph?

stingythingy45
12/05/2007, 02:24 PM
This may sound stupid but,did you check your temp.?
It's been awfully cold here and house/apartment temps are probably lower now.Also,I would shoot for 1.025 SG.
What kind of snails are these?

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 02:26 PM
mexican turbo snails

stingythingy45
12/05/2007, 02:27 PM
Hmmmmm.....those are usually very hardy.
You mentioned adding a sump...is this a new sump?

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 02:31 PM
yea one week old, things were going fine untill yesterday

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 02:35 PM
nvm 4 days old, **** something with this sump probably is bringing new changes it happened about 2-3 days after, temp is 80

stingythingy45
12/05/2007, 02:46 PM
How is the sump plumbed in?All PVC,plastic ect...
Didn't drop anything in while plumbing?
Are we talking softies/leather that's Poed?
I stuck down some corals with 2 part epoxy and created a lot of micr-bubbles.The leathers closed for a couple days.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 02:52 PM
Its also pvc plastic except for two brass fittings which shoudl be safe in water. Actually I had a lit of microbubles because i noticced a problem with my protein skimmer in sump, thats y i ordered a in tank one, the aquac ev 120. Before i had the bak-pak two. Two many bubbles were goging through and I mean my whole tank was filled with microbubbles, for probably the whole night. Then that morning all the corals looked like that all messed up. Probably the bubbles, what harm could they have caused?

vezina345
12/05/2007, 03:00 PM
If my memory serves me correctly isn't brass an alloy that is made with copper? That could be you're problem right there.

Sk8r
12/05/2007, 03:02 PM
NO to the brass fittings! You cannot use metal of any kind in salt water. If I understand you correctly, you have just dosed your tank with copper.

Get some polypad or polyfilter. YOu're going to need to take everything to quarantine.

I am so sorry for this. Your actual tank I think can be saved, but the cloudiness is because you have just killed off all your bacteria. Talk to the chemistry forum about next steps, but polyfilter can pull copper, especially since it has not had a chance to penetrate deeply into the rock.

I am trying to think this through as I type. Polyfilter alone cannot solve this.

If this is what has happened, this is going to be expensive enough: get a rubbermaid brute trashcan for a qt, put your rock and corals into clean new saltwater in that and run a bubbler and put a light on it.

Do the same for your fish in an actual tank: clean water.

Discard all your sand. Remove all water. Add conditioned tapwater or ro/di. Clean your tank and sump completely. Run several gallons of vinegar through the system dilute in water.

Test both for nitrite/nitrate and ammonia. This will be your safety device. If the rock/specimen rock shows no great increase in readings, it will indicate you are going to save that.

Use polyfilter to test your tank once you have rewatered it. If any blue color shows, it is not clean: there is still copper. [Polyfilter turns colors depending on what it has sopped up.]

As soon as it tests clean, you can rewater and re-sand your tank. Rinse your rock off [assuming polyfilter in that tank tests clean] in clean salt water and replace in the tank on the new sand. Your tank will cycle, so do not add the fish.
It will probably be a small cycle. Last a week, about. Your corals, shrooms, buttons, are all tough and will survive a mild cycle with no troubles.

As soon as the cycle finishes, add inverts [I doubt any survived this, since copper poisons the smallest things first]. Keep testing for nitrate/nitrite/ammonia, and when the tank is going well, put your fish back in. The one thing I will about guarantee, grimly so, is that you will not have ich in your tank or in your fish.

This is what I would do. If you are attempting to have a reef, copper is too lethal to operate with: you need to get it out or you will have nothing but problems.

Doublecheck my advice with the Chemistry forum, please. I do not want, singlehandedly, to press anyone to take such extreme measures if there is any other way to save this tank. Ask Bertoni or Boomer. PM them if you need to. This is not a minor problem.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 03:04 PM
Oh man!!!! So i gotta get new pvc fittings and, fitler, I dont have enought room to quartinne everything. What should i do just chagned the fittings to pvc? And wait for conditions to get better?

vezina345
12/05/2007, 03:07 PM
can you remove the sump and the brass fittings? if you don't have a QT tank at very least disconnect everything with brass on it. Also check around you may have a LFS that can hold your livestock for you until you can correct the problems.

stingythingy45
12/05/2007, 03:10 PM
Few........now aren't you glad I ran the gambit on questions?
This could be the difference of you tank crashing.
I think you may have caught it in time.You might want to look into cuprisorb and run that for a while.

*How was that SK8R?

(Patting myself on the back)...LOL

vezina345
12/05/2007, 03:12 PM
At least the fish won't have to worry about ich! ( sorry couldn't resist )

Sk8r
12/05/2007, 03:17 PM
YOu may have, indeed, saved the day, stingythingy. Cuprisorb: that's another. It would be wonderful if that would be enough, but I am afraid that sandbed has bought the farm...at least this need not go all the way to a tank crash and loss of all specimens.

Just to clarify---copper [a component of brass, along with tin] acts as a poison: it kills microorganisms first, which is how it rids fish of ich. It is not metabolized in any great amount by any creature in a marine tank, and is not taken up by the skimmer, so there is no way to rid a tank of it but polyfilter, cuprisorb, and/or, as I think Bertoni said recently, vinegar. I fear that sandbed is totally gone, and every element of this system needs to be scrubbed out and rendered safe.

Seawater aggressively dissolves copper and iron and other metals---copper, being soft, dissolves very readily, and is nearly as lethal to marine organisms as cyanide is to us.

Alas, we learn a lot of chemistry in this hobby.

stingythingy45
12/05/2007, 03:19 PM
(fingers crossed)
Wonder if this would register on a copper test?
I've heard some good things on other sites about cuprisorb.

Sk8r
12/05/2007, 03:27 PM
I'm betting it will. I'm betting that ammonia is going to start showing up soon, from the sandbed crash, and that will start taking out the corals. WHatever it is, this is not a good situation.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 03:33 PM
uguys just help me out a **** load im an idiot, any more posts would be helpfu;

Sk8r
12/05/2007, 03:52 PM
I think we can save everything if those pix are quite recent.
The main thing first is to get fish and rocks to clean saltwater, never mind trying to age it. If you have a good lfs you could beg to board your fish that would remove one headache, but explain about the copper---they should know never to mix your water with theirs, but they should know: if your rock is contaminated with copper you can't ask them to board that for you. But running cuprisorb in the bin with your rock and corals would take up anything that's in the bin or on their surface---

THe main thing is to get everybody and everything de-coppered, by rinsing, by water changes. The new sand is a fast export of anything the old sand absorbed: the old stuff is going to be full of dead stuff anyway, so chuck it, get new, and expect when you are copper-free and put that rock back in, it will seed the new sand pretty fast. WIth real good luck and if this hasn't gone on too long, we can have that happening within a week of the new system running, at least for the safe entry of inverts, and pretty soon, of fish.

Develop a checklist:
cuprisorb and or polyfilter
carbon [to keep the water sweet, run it in your filters.]
test strips ammonia/nitrite/nitrate [and write down your readings: you're going to be harried and might forget a number --- knowing whether it's rising or falling could be important, so writing it down will help.]
Rubbermaid Brute product bins [reefsafe]
air line
bubblers
small corner filter [carbon floss] for fish
small pump to run that filter, one for fish, one for corals.
light [for corals while in tank: shop light is ok, or tank light will be ok. Fish don't need light, corals do.]
lots of paper towels. Garbage bags.
several gallons white vinegar.
[you can get more fish sand later]
new non-copper fittings. [look in the irrigation dept of the hardwater store]
white plastic buckets [2] from paint dept at lowes, good for emptying bad water.
getting a copper test kit [Salifert] wouldn't be a bad idea.
HTH.
PS: if you're not used to running lab tests, day and night, always do them in exactly the same lighting on exactly the same surface [if it's a lookthrough test] and save your old strips [tape to a sheet of paper] so you have a comparison of trends. Different lighting can persuade you a color has changed when it hasn't.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 04:04 PM
right now i have 55 gal curing 50 lbs of live rock in my basement. Could I put my corals in there for now or would the copper in them contaminate that tank?

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 04:05 PM
as in if the levels are at 0 in my 55 gal for the rock

bertoni
12/05/2007, 05:04 PM
I'd likely move the corals, personally, if the 55g water is clear of ammonia and nitrate. Be sure to match the SG, or do an acclimation. Either way (moving them or not) has risks, though.

Sk8r
12/05/2007, 05:18 PM
Thank you for coming in, Bertoni. I feel a lot better now. And I'm sure nmhs2 will, too.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 05:25 PM
hell i do. Right now i gota all the rock out and corals theyre in a brute. I just used tap water. Should I have used ro/di. I am testing copper right now get resulits in a few minutes.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 05:35 PM
i just tested for copper with the copper profi-test by salifert and it gave me a reading of 0?

Newlin
12/05/2007, 05:41 PM
Tap water has chlorine in it, but, if the level isn't too high you should be fine. Did you acclimate them to the new water?

I have to say that when I read that word "brass" I hollered out "NO". everyone lives and learns from there mistakes. Now you know that you should only run plastic pvc on your system and make sure that the glue on the pipe is dry before putting water to it. I hope you pull everything out of this.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 05:43 PM
I tested for copper and got a reading of 0???????????????????????????????????????????? Im bewildered

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 05:45 PM
never mind so far it looks like .10 ppm of copper

bertoni
12/05/2007, 05:46 PM
Invertebrates often are sensitive to very low levels of copper, much lower than test kits can measure. Any measureable copper is a major disaster.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 05:52 PM
yea it looks like .25ppm of copper def in there kind of hard to read the test kit tho

Newlin
12/05/2007, 05:52 PM
Yeah, that .10ppm is enough to kill off an entire reef. Like said before, throw the sand in the trash and wash the rock really good.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 06:59 PM
Should i run all the powerheads and pretty much everything with white vinegar?

bertoni
12/05/2007, 07:01 PM
I think cleaning the equipment with some vinegar is a good idea, including the tank. I agree with pitching the sand.

Personally, I'd pitch the live rock, but it can be treated with a dip in a solution of 10 parts water to 1 part muriatic acid. Muriatic acid is dangerous enough that I don't want to handle it, personally. After the treatment, the live rock is dead base rock, and would need some time to become effective for filtration again.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 07:59 PM
I really dont want to pitch the liverock, I mean i have another 50 lbs in my basement curing but i paid $180 for the 45 lbs in my tank. I really dont want to treat the rock, do i need to will it have long term effect if i dont. Where do you get muriatic acid? THe brass fitting was on the tank for four days could it have deeply penetrated the rock? Or should I just run carbon and a polyfilter? and my rock will be safe?

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 08:11 PM
i mean i caught the problem pretty much several hours after my snails died. So maybe it way only a small amount of copper in the rock because i took the rock after the snails died pretty quickly, so what im saying if cu kills inverts first (snails) i caught the prob b4 it effected anything else?

Newlin
12/05/2007, 08:32 PM
You can get muratic acid at any pool supply store. Sometimes walmart will have it if they still have some pool stuff around. This acid is nasty!!! Do not let it touch your hands and do not sniff it. It will smoke a little when you pour it out but the 10:1 ratio should be good. Just remember, if you put your rock in the acid, everything will die and you will have to cure it all over again. Your best bet would be to use the rock you have curing after you get the tank clean and put the rock that you just took out of your tank where the cured rock was. that way you have cured rock in the tank that won't cause a huge ammonia spike. You should be fine with just starting over with the curing of the rock. I would never throw rock away, it just costs way too much to toss it. Just make sure to get enough of the buffer so that you can do everything.

nmhs2
12/05/2007, 11:01 PM
So what is the exact process of treating my rock with muratic acid? How long and stuff etc? And what does it do get rid of the cu?

bertoni
12/06/2007, 12:23 AM
The copper might have adsorbed onto the surface of the live rock. The acid dissolves the calcium carbonate surface and the copper as well. It's a chemical resurfacing. I don't know how long to dip it, because I've never done the process. You might want to ask in the chemistry forum, or do a search there.

You could try using the rock untreated, but any copper that might be on the rock could be released at a later date, with results similar to what you've seen. I wouldn't take the risk, personally.

If you choose to use muriatic acid, be very careful with it. Be sure to add the acid to the full volume of water, not the other way around. I'd do the work outside and try to keep the fume inhalation down.

nmhs2
12/06/2007, 01:12 PM
Yea thats the route im going to go i guess. And As far as the base rock for the corals should I be concerned with them at all?

Sk8r
12/06/2007, 02:48 PM
I'd pull the coral specimen rocks separate of the others and run them in a small tub with light and polyfilter. You may be able to pull the copper out. If they go ahead and open up [with just 4 rocks, not too big a lot] then go ahead running them for a while as you get your tank prepared. If your corals survive on those rocks, and if the polypad ultimately shows white or some color other than blue, I'd add some snails and hermits to that tub and see if the snails and crabs stay alive. If they do, and the corals do, I'd think [ask Bertoni] that should indicate they're safe enough to go back into the main tank.

Nmhs2, after you've survived this, you'll have earned some kind of "Reef Expert" merit badge, at least on the recovery of a tank from an emergency.

nmhs2
12/06/2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the advice. Sk8r what would you personally do with the live rocks. Would you just scrub them and cycle with carbon for a few days, or actually do a muriatic dip? Does the carbon remove the copper? I mean its not like i dosed the tank with liquid copper it was in the form of a solid so im sure it had to take time to get in the water. Is it possible the rocks could be free of carbon since only 3-4 days of the fitting installed. I also noticed the day the snails died was when i disconnected the brass fittings and took the rock out, in my opinion i think they should be ok, at least the copper hadn't deeply or at all penetrated the rock, correct? As of now ive done everything but the polyfilter. I am only running carbon and i tested cor copper and im getting 0. I just dont know if its worth the $40 for the filter. I rinsed everything with vinegar.

nmhs2
12/06/2007, 05:42 PM
?

Sk8r
12/06/2007, 05:56 PM
I would treat the base rock; the live rock and specimen rock I would treat with polypad, NOT put it into the tank until snails are proven to stay alive both in the tub with them and in the tank itself and until that polypad is showing no blue. Snails and hermits are going to have to be your mine canaries with this: if they die, you're not safe. If they live, other things will live. If your mushrooms open, even better sign.

Mushrooms and buttons have a mechanism for excreting just about every bit of water they don't like. The buttons even 'seal up' tight. WHen they start feeling water they do like, they'll start taking it in and expanding again, given right water balance, temperature and light. Read your critters' behavior on the road to recovery from this. Once they give you good signals, you can trust them.

hugodboss
12/06/2007, 06:12 PM
Is the sump you added bigger then the one before? If the answer is yes i would guess that you are lacking salt.

nmhs2
12/06/2007, 06:41 PM
Same size just new added last week 20 gal.

nmhs2
12/06/2007, 06:43 PM
WOW! i think im like the happiest person alive, my mushrooms are opening up and everything YAY :), tommorow im going to buy the muriatic acid and dip the rocks in it. Another question how long is the dip? 1/2 hour or just till it stops fizzing?

stingythingy45
12/06/2007, 08:15 PM
Glad there's some good news coming through now with this.:)
Looks like the BIG guns got involved here and helped out as well.
There's nothing like support in bad situations like this in the hobby.Nothing wrong with starting out with some good base rock after you've treated what used to be live rock.Some hobbiest have to take extreme measures similar to this in order to get rid of pest or nuisance algae.I also see your from my neck of the woods.Check out Boston Reefers Society sometime.
Good luck and very happy to hear you're back on track again.

*Great info and help Sk8r*
It's the reason I'm always reading here.
:rollface:

PS:
Get some of this stuff pronto!!!!

http://www.seachem.com/products/product_pages/CupriSorb.html

nmhs2
12/06/2007, 09:29 PM
stingythingy45, I really owe this whole thing to you, if you hadnt asked me that critical question i would be screwed! Thanks a WHOLE LOT, and SK8R! and Berantoni you guys really lead me in the right direction for procedures. In about a week ill post some new pics and progress of my tank!!!, o yea still wondering how long do i dip the rocks in the muriatic acid, so far no one knows, ive herad 5 minutes and 1/2 hour? any helplp!!!! :)

ggk1988
12/06/2007, 09:43 PM
just go with the 1/2 hour better safe than sorry. right?

nmhs2
12/07/2007, 01:15 PM
yea 20 mins i guess ill monitor it

nmhs2
12/07/2007, 01:27 PM
Ok looking past the copper issue since i have my coral beauty out now in the qt, would anyone advise not puting him back in since theyre known to nip at corals?

Sk8r
12/07/2007, 02:50 PM
I would advise finding the coral beauty a new home at the lfs. If you want to have corals, some of your best citizens for that size tank are blennies and gobies: they NEVER bother corals, except for sitting on them, they don't tend to get ich, and they aren't aggressive with each other beyond a bit of bluster. Angels, butterflies and rabbits are particularly badly behaved with corals and clams.

So glad this is starting to work out. What a rollercoaster ride!

nmhs2
12/07/2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks take a look at the rock how does it look so far after the acid treatment? http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1266735

bertoni
12/07/2007, 09:02 PM
Looks fine to me. Should be okay.

Vinnie71975
12/07/2007, 10:11 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11320947#post11320947 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nmhs2
Its also pvc plastic except for two brass fittings which shoudl be safe in water. Actually I had a lit of microbubles because i noticced a problem with my protein skimmer in sump, thats y i ordered a in tank one, the aquac ev 120. Before i had the bak-pak two. Two many bubbles were goging through and I mean my whole tank was filled with microbubbles, for probably the whole night. Then that morning all the corals looked like that all messed up. Probably the bubbles, what harm could they have caused? Yes BRASS IS A COPPER ALLOY that is more than likely your problem get Plastic ones and a copper test kit QUICK!

Vinnie71975
12/07/2007, 10:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11338941#post11338941 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Vinnie71975
Yes BRASS IS A COPPER ALLOY that is more than likely your problem get Plastic ones and a copper test kit QUICK! well i feel stupid for not reading all the posts before answering lol Glad things are coming around for you!

nmhs2
12/07/2007, 10:42 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOL that was hilarious thanks vinnie

350nine
12/08/2007, 01:11 AM
By my observations having micro bubbles is a sign of undesirable compounds in the water. For example,when I dose my hospital tank with copper or Maracyn I always get a lot of micro bubbles expecially in the discharge from the skimmer. I have gotten pretty good at judging the amount of medication in the water by watching the bubbles. Forget the test kits. LOL! Glad to see your tank is back on track.

ivgonmad
12/08/2007, 01:30 AM
run carbon like crazy, change it daily and test your tank daily for copper till u get 0.
I dont know but I would think since carbonate traps copper your LR and your sand are a gonner. Maybe not, someone here with first hand experience will chime in.

nmhs2
12/08/2007, 08:06 AM
Anyone want some info on how I did my rocks http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1265702

sayn3ver
12/08/2007, 09:07 AM
I posted in the other thread after the acid bath, but to sum up what i posted, muriatic acid(hydrochloric acid aka HCL) will not have done anything to the copper, so those rocks, in my opinion, are not rid of copper yet.

nmhs2
12/08/2007, 09:11 AM
sayn3ver check the post in that forum what i wrote

tcwayne
12/08/2007, 09:18 AM
This thread is a brilliant display of support found here on RC.:D :D :D

Newlin
12/08/2007, 09:58 AM
I posted my thoughts in that other thread on your dipped rocks. I think you will be fine as long as you get everything throught the cycle and get all the remaining copper out if there is any.

scotmc
12/08/2007, 10:05 AM
Did you ever test for copper and how long was the brass in your tank?

nmhs2
12/08/2007, 10:11 AM
Brass fitting in tank for 4 days, test results no copper as far as i could see in the test kit -0. But any minimum amounts of copper i guess could cause a big upset in a reef tank, which i noticed by a kill of of 10 TURBO snails. So i threw sand away treated rock in muriatic acid, cleaned everythinng with vinegar. Ran carbon and poly and no results of copper. :)

nmhs2
12/28/2007, 11:39 AM
I can now say my tank is bank to normal YAY! finally it took like 2-3 weeks for everything to get back on track, its was well worth it though. Thanks to everyone one reef central for helping me out in this disaster. Check out the pictures!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010068.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010067.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010066.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010065.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010063.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010061.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010059.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010058.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010060.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/nmhs2/P1010057.jpg

Newlin
12/28/2007, 08:27 PM
Glad you got it back on track bro. It's looking great and everything is opened up like it should be. I didn't think the coral would survive but glad it did. I like the sump setup by the way, good job :thumbsup:

stingythingy45
12/28/2007, 08:35 PM
Lookin good...:D
Glad to see and hear things are back on track.
Just happened to be poking around RC and noticed this post up.
No.....I'm not on here all the time.:rolleyes:

nmhs2
12/28/2007, 08:56 PM
Haha thanks guys i cant wait a few more months and ill get an anenome for those clows!

sump_reactor
12/28/2007, 10:57 PM
nmhs2, your fish tank really isn't that impressive. maybe if your wallpaper wasn't blue, it may look better

Rustylugnuts
12/28/2007, 11:23 PM
The blue helps IMO. I'm headin for a blue can of krylon fusion for my 40 when I can resume my build. That muratic set his rocks back to a look like fresh marco rocks. With those lights, good CA lvls, some corraline algae to seed, and a bit of time that rockscape will be popin in no time.

Newlin
12/29/2007, 10:52 AM
sump_reactor, he just got over a major crash. I hope what the title under you name is, is true cause in here we are supportive of each other. This guy has done an amazing job getting this tank back to livable conditions and I applaud him for that. Just don't put copper back in that tank ;)