PDA

View Full Version : What powerbars are too old for Profilux Plus II ?

ssyre
12/06/2007, 11:09 AM
Hi!

Last night i finally recieved my switchable powerbar (4 socket outlets). I conected it to the S1-S4 socket in the Profilux Plus II. Then I tried conecting my two T5 lights in socket 1 on the powerbar. Nothing happened. I figured it might have to be programed first, but when I loged on with my computer, everything was greyed out in the "socket outlet function"-window, as if the powerbar was not connected.

Then I tried connecting the T5's back to an ordinary socket outlet, but now that didn't work either. Somehow the new powerbar broke my T5 lights :-(

In the Profilux Plus II manual, I read the following:
"Attention: It is not allowed to connect ProfiLux II or ProfiLux Plus II with older powerbars of ProfiLux or ProfiLux Plus (the previous models, until 2005)! This would cause damage of the electronics!"

Now I am wondering if the powerbar I got is an old one? How can I tell?
(It says STDL4-4-D on the powerbar)

Kind regards
Ståle Syre

Matthias Gross
12/06/2007, 11:18 AM
1. A powerbar is not able to delete a T5 light
2. The old versions had only be sold in Germany until 2005 -> you can't have them. 4-4 is new.

What means greyed out? Firmware and ProfiLuxControl version?

MSHUR
12/06/2007, 11:26 AM
try to connect 4 sockets bar to S5-S8 port...Then you have to assing "illumination-1" to a socket 5.
But i think you need to read manual , illumination and power bars sections:)

ssyre
12/06/2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for such quick replies, and sorry for the doublepost.

You're right. It seems to be a fuse that is causing the problems with the T5's.

Regarding the firmware; it was ver.304, and ProfiluxControl II ver.306, which brings us to my next problem:

I tried updating the firmware, but what I realized too late was that I shouldn't have used an USB-connection to do this. The transfer of the new firmware (ver.306) went just fine, till it came to 62%, where it froze.

So now I have no working lights and no working Profilux. I guess that's the punishment for not reading the manual well enough :-s

I will try getting the RS232-cable so that I can install the new firmware again with the FMC16LX software.

Thanks again for your help.